Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely slow performance with all web browsers - driver issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The site in the original post is likely slow due to the fixed background. When scrolling, the browser cannot just move the rendered site, it has to redraw the whole page from scratch.

It's somewhat slow here, HD5770, xf86-video-ati git, 2.6.37, seamonkey 2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      It's not .
      You've confirmed this with testing? surely sounds like a virus. Actually sounds like a keylooger IP sniffer packet sender type of program. It very likely might be on that page.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
        you mean http://www.google.com/images?hl=en...

yeah - I get the following behavior:

when scrolling via my mousewheel (logitech microgear) it's (approximately) smooth for the height of my screen after that there seems to be a kind of artificial wall or something - meaning it doesn't scroll after that
        Yes, slow scrolling is what I mean. I remember the radeon devs fixed the Google Images slowness in the past at some point, but it seems it's back again.

Comment

A patch landed in Mesa for r600g a while ago:

Only upload the [min_index, max_index] range instead of [0, userbuf_size].
          This an important optimization.

Framerate in Lightsmark: Before: 22 fps After: 75 fps

The same optimization is already in r300g.
          Not sure if it's exactly that commit, but Google Images is fast now. The other site is still slow though.

Comment

@RealNC: not just Google Images, there's a major improvement in aplications and games, too:

Discussion of Mesa / Gallium3D components for Linux and other operating systems. This includes open-source 3D hardware drivers, state trackers, OpenCL, OpenGL, Vulkan, and SPIR-V support.

Comment

Working...
            X