Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    That is what makes your life meaningless
    Wow. Getting pretty heated in here. I guess the guy who started this thread accomplished his goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      Wow. Getting pretty heated in here. I guess the guy who started this thread accomplished his goal.
      He was the one that said his life was meaningless.

Comment

He was the one that said his life was meaningless.
        No, he said you could write a post saying his life was meaningless, clearly hinting that he didn't believe that was true. And then you went and did it.

Comment

• Whatever, i'm not invested in this fight. That line just caught my eye as being way over the top, i haven't even read this thread since about page 10 so for all i know he crossed the line a few pages ago and i just missed it.

Comment

I'm a loser? Your the one that can't come with terms of reality and live in a world "tomorrow will be better, I hope". That is what makes your life meaningless and it is of your own accord. You have the time to waste waiting for tomorrow.
            No, young padawan.

Hope makes life meaningful, not meaningless.

Accepting crap from above because you have no choice -- that makes your life meaningless

Well good for you. I can do the same on closed drivers on the same day that the product is released and with a full feature set.
            Can you?

Nvidia doesn't even provide drivers for all their hardware. Unlike AMD

So if you want an Nvidia chip, you have to do your homework carefully, make sure you don't purchase a chip which won't let you boot Linux, then you have to replace your Linux kernel, xorg, mesa and alsa with nvidia's secret solution, and then you hope that they will fix the new batch of bugs they introduced very soon.

Because you can't fix them.

Awesome

Comment

• The thing is -- my card does everything I need it to do, and does it using free and open drivers.

You can't even watch a video on your card without replacing half of your system with Windows drivers hacked on top of an unstable ABI, and keep replacing those at regular intervals because Linux was never designed to work that way.

But you have 1432 FPS in workraft, and I get only 60

Comment

• Originally posted by not.sure View Post
                Time for a car analogy:
                If you have a car that is built to open specs, and another one that is rented, but not yours, it's pretty clear which one can be better seen during night, and how long ago the meal was cooked. And after all, that's what counts.
                well its not so conclusive regarding the meal is it

you might also consider ?He [Sinclair] is the closed circle. He is returning to the beginning?
                replacing [Sinclair] with [the man with the plan] if you wish OC

but the better classic thought that really count's as regards many things, not just AMD Gfx/UVD usability etc is
                "irrelevant. He has opened an unexpected door. We do now what must be done now. His purpose has been fulfilled."
                well not quite yet , not until that UVD review is officially deemed started/complete and there's an actual public outcome for that officially stated review

this thread has now become the general dumping ground for all subjects and very loosly related points of fact right

Comment

• This thread has always been here.

Comment

• Nvidia doesn't even provide drivers for all their hardware. Unlike AMD
                    Unlike AMD's inferior, buggy and feature poor linux support, nvidia's linux drivers work as expected, with good xserver-kernel support updates and good bug fixing, stabilization.

This chip (being released in 2001) is still supported by nvidia's legacy drivers, with proper up-to-date xserver-kernel support.

Download the English (US) Linux Display Driver Version 96.43.19 for Linux 64-bit systems. Released 2010.11.16

Comment

• Your definition of proper means without KDE 4 effects support as then the screen tends to turn black with 96.xx series. But for some simple games a geforce 3 is still faster than a 9800 pro with oss drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      X