AMD's opensource lies exposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Hey just because you can't keep up with the times doesn't mean everybody is stuck in the past.
    So because everyone says 'Linux' this means that this is the operating sytem?

get a grip dude!

Only monkeys from neowin that have somehow managed to put an iso to cd say such nonsense!

Most of the software on your ubuntu system is GNU software - only the kernel is linux! end of story, end of debate, end of!!!! argue the opposite at your peril my friend!

Comment

• Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
      So because everyone says 'Linux' this means that this is the operating sytem?

get a grip dude!

Only monkeys from neowin that have somehow managed to put an iso to cd say such nonsense!

Most of the software on your ubuntu system is GNU software - only the kernel is linux! end of story, end of debate, end of!!!! argue the opposite at your peril my friend!
      lol sorry but I'm not using Ubuntu. I spin my own distro.

Comment

lol sorry but I'm not using Ubuntu. I spin my own distro.
        good on you! , compiled with what?

Comment

• BTW, do you know what Linus's M.Sc. thesis title was?

Linux: A Portable Operating System.

Comment

good on you! , compiled with what?
            Varies with the package.

Comment

• I really cant believe I'm having this conversation on phoronix - its always been a safe haven for the free software advocate but instead I have to explain once again the definition of free software to some complaining forum terrier who insists that the community isn't doing enough for him/her - STFU and get coding if you dont like it! or use wintendo! All this whining does is piss people off - it actually achieves nothing!

Comment

Varies with the package.
                enlighten me? I think 99.9% of my system is compiled with portage via gcc so go on amuse me with your quirky system ( which likely wont work with any gfx blob )

Comment

I really cant believe I'm having this conversation on phoronix - its always been a safe haven for the free software advocate but instead I have to explain once again the definition of free software to some complaining forum terrier who insists that the community isn't doing enough for him/her - STFU and get coding if you dont like it! or use wintendo! All this whining does is piss people off - it actually achieves nothing!
                  Hey you were the one that tried to say "linux was not an OS".

Comment

enlighten me? I think 99.9% of my system is compiled with portage via gcc so go on amuse me with your quirky system ( which likely wont work with any gfx blob )
                    Some packages are done with GCC, some with intel ICC, some with open64, some with C for cuda.....

Comment

Hey you were the one that tried to say "linux was not an OS".
                      When have i said linux is an OS?

Comment

Working...
                      X