AMD's opensource lies exposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
    the paradox is you are right here but you don't get the point that nvidia users KILL Other Poor humans.

nvidia and nvidia users kill childs but not the own one right.
    LMAO, sorry but the medical research being done with Cuda is even saving the lives of poor ATI FOSS users.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      There is also a 'chance' every winter that there will be snow on the ground in Canada. It is never guaranteed but the chance falls heavily in favour of it.
      So I wish to use the plan9 kernel with wayland and nvidia blobs or ati blobs for that matter will work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
        no cuda for medical research means they need to buy higher priced nvidia hardware and lost money on that expensiv stuff because they can not use cheap amd gpu cards.

people dieing and nvidia kills people because of CUDA because they got to much money to high profit ot of there cuda crap cards.

if the medical resarsch use amd stream sdk they can save more people because they can buy more cheaper cards and do more calculations.

in an matter of fakt an hd5850 do have full speed at 64bit and an gtx480 does only have 1/8 speed in 64bit tasks and Tesla is very expensiv.

Nvidia really kills many humans in medical research because of this anti human CUDA politics
        Lol, since Nvidia supports both Cuda and openCL you have no point at all, meanwhile the open source drivers are delivering 0 results.

Comment

Lol, since Nvidia supports both Cuda and openCL you have no point at all, meanwhile the open source drivers are delivering 0 results.
          rather than pointing and laughing at the lack of X/Y/Z in free software - get coding or stfu?

Comment

...meanwhile the open source drivers are delivering 0 results.
            opensource "nvidia" drivers deliver 0 results.
            radeon is delivering maybe 30% of nvidia blob results.
            I still do not understand amd though.

Comment

LMAO, sorry but the medical research being done with Cuda is even saving the lives of poor ATI FOSS users.
              ATI opensource users are not poor. On IGP and netbooks their pretty good. Although UVD and sameday are absent.

Comment

• On anything >50$ discrete... well... nvidia wins. As long as you dont boot Plan9 on bare hardware..

Comment

• Originally posted by anImpertinent
                  rather than pointing and laughing at the lack of X/Y/Z in free software - get coding or stfu?
                  Pointing to a lack of support doesn't mean a person is making fun of it. A fact is a fact and if we were to put our heads under the soil like ostrichs do then why bother with computers and technology? we would shut ourselves to monasteries with pentium MMXes and linux installed with open source supported radeon 9800s.

I personally don't have a problem with AMD/ATI users. It's their choice afterall. The problem I have is with the company AMD itself, which hinders my efforts as a developer for the linux environment. While mainly developing for smartphones makes me a living and AMD hasn't got anything to do with that (got it? ), why porting software to linux doesn't add value to that?

No company has a right to hinder anyone's hard work by dropping support to their hardware! Developing software pays my bills. I want to port more software to linux. I want my business partners to be happy with the work I've done porting their software!

And I want more respect in this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by glxextxexlg View Post
                    Pointing to a lack of support doesn't mean a person is making fun of it. A fact is a fact and if we were to put our heads under the soil like ostrichs do then why bother with computers and technology? we would shut ourselves to monasteries with pentium MMXes and linux installed with open source supported radeon 9800s.

I personally don't have a problem with AMD/ATI users. It's their choice afterall. The problem I have is with the company AMD itself, which hinders my efforts as a developer for the linux environment. While mainly developing for smartphones makes me a living and AMD hasn't got anything to do with that (got it? ), why porting software to linux doesn't add value to that?

No company has a right to hinder anyone's hard work by dropping support to their hardware! Developing software pays my bills. I want to port more software to linux. I want my business partners to be happy with the work I've done porting their software!

And I want more respect in this forum.
                    First off Linux is a kernel released under the GPL - it is not an OS. Secondly I cannot see how AMD is hindering development on the GNU/Linux platform. I can only assume that you mean they dropped support in their catalyst drivers for older hardware which is now solely supported by the radeon driver. This I agree is slightly annoying but i'd much rather have a free driver personally anyway.
                    Last but not least respect is a two-way-street, accusations of lies and saying people are 'fanboys' will not get you respect in return!

Comment

• Originally posted by glxextxexlg View Post
                      No company has a right to hinder anyone's hard work by dropping support to their hardware! Developing software pays my bills.
                      Supporting ancient hardware indefinitely hinders a hardware company's ability to develop new hardware. Developing hardware pays bills too.

Comment

Working...
                      X