Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD's opensource lies exposed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • you just enjoy arguing which is the neowin way i spose

    I've had enough i've better things to do with my time than point out the obvious and have some fookwit say i'm wrong

    Comment


    • Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
      you just enjoy arguing which is the neowin way i spose

      I've had enough i've better things to do with my time than point out the obvious and have some fookwit say i'm wrong
      Do you really think that items like RedHat Linux, Suse Linux, Ubuntu Linux, etc etc etc are referencing their own kernel? No they are referencing Linux as an OS.

      Comment


      • So most of the software DOES NOT come from the FREE SOFTWARE FOUNDATION ?

        Comment


        • you can say an apple is an orange all you like , doesn't matter a shite - it is what it is and LINUX is not an operating system - ITS A FUCKING KERNEL!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
            you can say an apple is an orange all you like , doesn't matter a shite - it is what it is and LINUX is not an operating system - ITS A FUCKING KERNEL!!
            Argue against the world and it's creators all you want. Linux in reference to an OS is an accepted term and even falls within it's trademark guidelines.

            Comment


            • AM NOT! ARE TOO! AM NOT! ARE TOO!
              *Signal degrades after this point*

              Comment


              • Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
                I really cant believe I'm having this conversation on phoronix - its always been a safe haven for the free software advocate but instead I have to explain once again the definition of free software to some complaining forum terrier who insists that the community isn't doing enough for him/her - STFU and get coding if you dont like it! or use wintendo! All this whining does is piss people off - it actually achieves nothing!
                deanjo is our cloused source nvidia guy,,, if windows fits better on his needs he really use windows.

                but yes you are wrong because in the past linux was a kernel but the language is not copyrightet and patented on well known people the language is also a tool of the stupid masses.

                and the stupid masses really call the GNU operating system "linux"

                deal with that FAKT for well known people linux is a kernel for the stupit masses means 99% of the people linux is THE GNU Opterating system.

                but language is a tool of the masses means if the MASSES call it linux its linux and not gnu-OS.

                because only nerds/geek are so stupid that they call it GNU-OS because they don't understand how languages work because languages are a definition of the MASSES and not by tiny super smal group if humans.

                we life in Democraty means if 1% vote for gnu-OS and 99 % of the stupid masses vote for linux then linux wins means linux is the OS.

                are you really a so stupid nerd to not get that point ?
                Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                  deanjo is our cloused source nvidia guy,,, if windows fits better on his needs he really use windows.

                  but yes you are wrong because in the past linux was a kernel but the language is not copyrightet and patented on well known people the language is also a tool of the stupid masses.

                  and the stupid masses really call the GNU operating system "linux"

                  deal with that FAKT for well known people linux is a kernel for the stupit masses means 99% of the people linux is THE GNU operating system.

                  but language is a tool of the masses means if the MASSES call it linux its linux and not gnu-OS.

                  because only nerds/geek are so stupid that they call it GNU-OS because they don't understand how languages work because languages are a definition of the MASSES and not by tiny super smal group if humans.

                  we life in Democraty means if 1% vote for gnu-OS and 99 % of the stupid masses vote for linux then linux wins means linux is the OS.

                  are you really a so stupid nerd to not get that point ?
                  Oh come on - your 'linux' system is a collection of free software ( without a nvidia blob ). The fact that most of the 'linux' operating system ( bash, glibc and so on ) is the work of the GNU project mean absolutely nothing to you?

                  Well I like most people who run a free software distribution use GNU software mostly and I am an advocate of the FSF. I am a 'fanboi' if you wish to call me this but for bloody good reason - READ THE EULA!

                  Comment


                  • Some people do not understand even the dangers of bad science. This is not a new phenomenon the works of Thomas Wakley should be proof enough

                    Comment


                    • My phone has a Linux kernel but its still horrifically restrictive and intrusive - android it was said is the perfect blend of open and closed but it only takes one part to be closed to completely screw you over!

                      All software should be free! I am a 'fanboi' of this! and for those shills who say no to my freedom - SMELL MY FINGER!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X