AMD's opensource lies exposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    That is hardly the case. The most qualified people to work on the code are usually the ones that already are (the manufacturer).
    If the hardware is simple enough, often the manufacturer is less qualified to write the driver than others are, because the complicated bits is interfacing correctly with the kernel and anyone can get the hardware bits working. Obviously, the more tricky the hardware is, the more important a role the manufacturer must play.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      If the hardware is simple enough, often the manufacturer is less qualified to write the driver than others are, because the complicated bits is interfacing correctly with the kernel and anyone can get the hardware bits working.
      You are making a lot of assumptions based on a presumed fact that the manufacturer has no knowledge of the operating system which isn't the case usually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
        138 people work on the opensouce radeon driver 3 of them payed by amd full time.
        Quite a flaw in your logic. There are 3 full time working on the linux specific bits but since there is many working on the windows and OSX driver that share a large chunk of the code as we know it does the number is MUCH greater.

this fakt shows me 2 thinks A nvidia goes the wrong way and this 138 Devs will shot nvidia down and B the biggest part is not do by amd dev's.

you talk about 3 people and i know about the (138-3) other peoples. and i do not believe you!
        Fact is that you are completely ignoring the actual facts.

Comment

what kind of fact?

i don't care about a greater number of idiots work on the windows or OSx part payed by AMD.

the question is not how many idiots work on the wrong stuff the question is how good a small group can handle the right way.
          Lol, so you are saying that if AMD took their blobs and removed all shared code that it doesn't matter?

Comment

• theme song for this thread:
            trollin' trollin' trollin', though the forum's swollen, keep them troll-ies trolling, raw hide...

Comment

yes i have
              To whom, for what and for how much? Since it is open source this should be easily verifiable by emailing the code creator.

Comment

• Originally posted by mirv View Post
                theme song for this thread:
                trollin' trollin' trollin', though the forum's swollen, keep them troll-ies trolling, raw hide...
                Yup.

Has anyone else noticed the tags to this forum thread?

Comment

• My question is... what is the SNR for this thread?

Comment

• I didn't see any signal so far...
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

• Originally posted by amphigory View Post
                      My question is... what is the SNR for this thread?
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal-to-noise_ratio
                      This thread has more of a NSR in the 60dB range. You can say what you want in this thread and the discussion will go on from there.

Comment

Working...
                      X