X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
    I swear these forums become more like neowin/hardforums every time I visit! and this isn't good!
    yeah,

I apologize for over-reacting

but seriously:

we need some moderators in here dealing with this crap

Leave a comment:

• D0pamine
    replied
    I swear these forums become more like neowin/hardforums every time I visit! and this isn't good!

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Catalyst 11.1 has drastic improvements (including up to double the performance) for tesselation usage in Unigine Heaven (OpenGL).

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    !!!%=)($=/(&%!! 1 minute edit limit

in fact I could list lots of more REAL WORLD(TM) issues - but I won't - my time is too precious for this shit

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    THIS IS ridiculous !

I'm only seldomly using my laptop with an nvidia card (which is run by the nvidia blob) and there's still this text-corruption bug when scrolling with browsers (especially firefox if I still remember correctly - due to glyphcache (?))

this is now almost 1-2 years later

the grass is not always greener on the other side - in fact - it's NEVER - it's only IN YOUR IMAGINATION

and the human brain and psyche is known to be a - in its spare-time - producing crap-machine (no one excluded)

you DUMMY TROLLS CALL THAT BETTER ?

Leave a comment:

• D0pamine
    replied
    What I don't like about these forums ( this section mainly ) is the bitching about AMD/ATI and FGLRX support and the nvidia 'fanbois' telling me i should get a nvidia card - I really don't care for this as I have an ATI card. There seems to be very little in the way of device help/tweaking/tinkering and a hell of a lot of bashing of the AMD/ATI brand because of their 'poor GNU/Linux support'.
    I will agree that the FGLRX isn't on a par with nvidia at the moment but great strides have been made especially with the 10.12 catalyst driver - I have just played fallout new vegas via wine flawlessly as a matter of fact it runs better than in windoze - so respect to the FGLRX developers they're going in the right direction and putting the effort in! so I feel a little more appreciation of their work and feedback isn't too much to ask - if you don't have an AMD/ATI card then why comment? I don't even read the VIA graphics section of these forums because I don't have a VIA card.
    For me AMD made me very happy by releasing the specifications for their range of cards which allows for much easier development of free drivers - this alone made me want one not the performance on whatever application.

P.S. nvidia blobs aren't all that they're made out to be - hence I switched from nvidia to AMD/ATI - at least there is hope of an free driver!

EDIT: rant over - you're all naughty boys and girls!

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Well that error report was for Win. I reported that too, but only after the german c't magazine reported that issue there have been a 10-10 hotfix driver that fixed it. 10-11 was still broken, since 10-12 it is fixed without any extra hotfix driver. It was no error on Linux, just Win was much slower than Linux - and of course slower than DX11.

Leave a comment:

• glxextxexlg
    started a topic Another example of AMD's bad opengl support

Another example of AMD's bad opengl support

According to this page (see known issues):

Unigine Heaven benchmark's hardware tesselation works badly on AMD/ATI cards using OpenGL as renderer. DirectX 11 tesselation on AMD cards work as expected. Very interesting...

Results:
    Another obstacle on the way of game developers who wish to develop for linux/Mac.
    Another reason for me to purchase an nvidia for my new desktop card...

Well, here you are AMD fanboys, go on with your dumb, meaningless evangelism.
Working...
X