No announcement yet.

Further Testing Shows More Hope For ATI Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really wish Michael would do some tests with more modern engines. Nexuiz with GLSL, Doom3, etc. They run fine on the r300g driver as long as you install the dxtc compression library, and would test a completely different portion of the driver than these old engines do.

Really great results here, though. Thanks Marek, for all the work you've been putting in to this (and all other devs as well). It's starting to pay off.

Comment

Thank you to all the devs! Great work!

I think it has been mentioned before, but CPU utilization would also be helpful along with the GPU driver benchmarks.

Comment

Very VERY nice!
        I might frame the chart where the Gallium3D driver beats Catalyst...

Comment

I just love the growing green on the Radeon feature matrix.
          And that benchmark was a treat for my eyes, though I missed a few things, but this is a good start. I guess that all the experience from R300g will help also in R600g and make development there smoother. Even with the new HW features.
          And then, finally we just need the video playback acceleration on UVD chips if that is legally possible. Even if it would not be, I wouldn't care and use it like I do with libdvdcss.
          And someday maybe a new HW will be out and FOSS driver support might be on the release day (as long as there's not a huge overhaul in HW arch).

Thanks devs, remember me to invite you to a drink of your choice if you ever come to .de
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Well this certainly brightened my day. So damn awesome and impressive. Good job everyone, we all truly appreciate it.

Comment

What a great idea!

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
              I just love the growing green on the Radeon feature matrix.
              And that benchmark was a treat for my eyes, though I missed a few things, but this is a good start.

Thanks devs, remember me to invite you to a drink of your choice if you ever come to .de
              Right! That's just brilliant! How comes I haven't thought about that? I suppose I could arrange inviting Marek Ol??k who seems responsible for a good deal of these optimizations for a bunch of nice cold Pilsners (if that's what he likes, of course) easily enough - assuming he's really Czech as the name suggests. How about trying to do something like that with whatever FOSS developers living in our immediate vicinity? You know - like throwing a huge party in their honor whenever the occasion merits it?

Comment

Just one thing to the developers. Thank you! For your work, your time, your stamina.

I havent read about it yet, but i would be so happy to get my power consumption on my notebook reduced. Is there work in progress?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                  Thank you to all the devs! Great work!

I think it has been mentioned before, but CPU utilization would also be helpful along with the GPU driver benchmarks.
                  I wonder the same thing. I have been under the impression that all of the free drivers suffer from CPU bottlenecks.

The consistent lack of CPU results really makes me worry. Perhaps someone with more experience could speak about load when running PTS and free drivers.

Comment

hell, yeah ! this is why i bought this X2300/RV515 laptop 2 years ago, good freaking OSS drivers !

Comment

WOW!
                      this is an awesome job.
                      cant say how impressed i am!

Comment

Working...
                      X