The Open-Source ATI Driver Is Becoming A Lot Faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrisr View Post
    Henceforth, every single post from Vincent in these forums will provide further evidence that gordboy is a successful troll and a fool.
    Fixed.__________

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT
      The were at least three popular (and deadbeat) jokes in there.

Also if you'd pay attention in RL you will find out that people complain about each other time, so it's not a measure I'm going to feel terribly bothered about...
      So, if people say you offended them, your reaction is to ignore it since "it happens all the time". I wonder what metric you use to regulate your behaviour and interaction with others. My guess is that, at least here, you rely on social acceptance and complicity--which you don't lack judging from comments from other posters. I just wanted to let you know that you don't count with mine on this one, however funny I may have found a number of your comments in the past.

Originally posted by Remco
      It's not the first time somebody has complained about Ricky Gervais. And yet I find him funny. Guess not everybody has the same taste. Who'd have thought!
      The important point is not how fun something may be for a group of people, but rather how offensive it may be for another.

Anyway, don't you guys waste too much time about this issue. After all, this is Phoronix.

Comment

• Originally posted by yotambien View Post
        So, if people say you offended them, your reaction is to ignore it since "it happens all the time". I wonder what metric you use to regulate your behaviour and interaction with others. My guess is that, at least here, you rely on social acceptance and complicity--which you don't lack judging from comments from other posters. I just wanted to let you know that you don't count with mine on this one, however funny I may have found a number of your comments in the past.

The important point is not how fun something may be for a group of people, but rather how offensive it may be for another.

Anyway, don't you guys waste too much time about this issue. After all, this is Phoronix.
        Amen to that!

Comment

• Originally posted by yotambien View Post
          I hear you. We had this discussion with the RMS joke, too. You convinced me there that it's important to consider that a joke harms people. But it's also important to keep in mind that everything (especially on the internet), is going to offend. I disagree that it's not important to consider that a joke is fun for people.

Food for thought: have you ever thought about Stephen Colbert this way: he systematically bullies and makes fun of Bill O'Reilly. This is deeply offensive to Bill, and to a lot of conservatives. It's very funny to the rest of the world.

Or how about this one: in a sketch Ricky Gervais makes fun of disabled people (or of how people treat disabled people). He's doing a sketch where he's bullying a stranger in a wheelchair (his paraplegic boss in real life). This generated some outrage, but also some comments by handicapped people who thought it was funny. I guess it rang true.

Sorry for wasting more time on this, but I got nothing better to do.

Comment

Working...
          X