Page-Flipping Is Flipped On In The ATI DDX Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    Only 1D tiling is implemented in the ddx at the moment, and it's still off by default.
    Uh? "but now the R600 and newer ASICs have support for micro tiling enabled by default." Isn't it enabled by default now?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

How SwapbuffersWait and EnablePageFlip relates to EXAVSync? I suppose SwapbuffersWait and EnablePageFlip are only used with 3D apps, while EXAVSync is used only for 2D (EXA) rendering?

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        Uh? "but now the R600 and newer ASICs have support for micro tiling enabled by default." Isn't it enabled by default now?
        Macro- and micro-tiling are 3xx-5xx concepts. For 6xx and higher the corresponding modes are 1D and 2D (where 1D is sort of like micro-tiled macro-linear and 2D is sort of like micro-tiled macro-tiled, I think).

As I understand it some tiling is turned on by default for 3xx-5xx but not for 6xx and higher.
        Test signature

Comment

So, the latest news for r600+ is that 1D tiling is implemented and will be on by default from now on, 2D tiling is WIP, and texture tiling is also WIP?

Comment

Tiling is not on by default on r6xx+ asics. That's an error in the article. At the moment there is only support for 1D tiled render buffers which has been there for several months. Support for 2D tiling and tiled textures is a WIP. 1D tiles are 8x8 micro tiles, 2D tiles are macro tiles made of the 8x8 micro tiles (tiled tiles).

Tiling on r3xx-r5xx is on by default and has been for a while now.

Comment

There's no new tiling support in this merge other than fixes to make tiling and pageflip work together.

Comment

Is it worth enabling the 1D tiling on r600+ cards, or should we wait until the both methods are complete?

Comment

1D tiling will boost 3D performance, 2D tiling will boost it more.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                    Tiling is not on by default on r6xx+ asics. That's an error in the article. At the moment there is only support for 1D tiled render buffers which has been there for several months. Support for 2D tiling and tiled textures is a WIP. 1D tiles are 8x8 micro tiles, 2D tiles are macro tiles made of the 8x8 micro tiles (tiled tiles).

Tiling on r3xx-r5xx is on by default and has been for a while now.
                    Holy tiling crap Batman! That's a lot of tiles!
                    I wonder why Michael never corrects the articles when someone finds a mistake, omission, etc. Even when the error is obvious or when it's someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                      I wonder why Michael never corrects the articles when someone finds a mistake, omission, etc. Even when the error is obvious or when it's someone who actually knows what they're talking about.
                      Now that would be a day job

Comment

Working...
                      X