• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
    Lets see if X3:r works with this one

Pete.
    Thats a no then.....

Pete.

Comment

Mutter compatibility still borked, cant alt+tab out of full screen GL apps.

Pile of shite (as per usual)

Comment

Originally posted by Saner View Post

Let me see if I can get this right...Mutter, still in development, not working with the drivers because you can't alt+tab out out of a full screen app. Does the app crash, or does alt+tab do nothing? In the latter case, the pile of "shite" is blaming that on the drivers. Otherwise, it could well be a mutter problem too.
        But then I do forget what forum I'm reading here...

Comment

Does anybody know if this version supports kernel >= 2.6.36 ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mirv View Post
            Let me see if I can get this right...Mutter, still in development, not working with the drivers because you can't alt+tab out out of a full screen app. Does the app crash, or does alt+tab do nothing? In the latter case, the pile of "shite" is blaming that on the drivers. Otherwise, it could well be a mutter problem too.
            But then I do forget what forum I'm reading here...

Sorry, I accept the mutter issue could be either side either a problem with fglrx or mutter, so I will take that back.

The full screen alt-tab issue has been floating about for ages, if you run glxgears -fullscreen you cant alt / tab out of it (and it applies to allt he gl apps I use)

I have tested this under gnome and kde, and there is a thread about it here - http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26645

I can accept I was out of line with the mutter issue as it could lie with mutter and not fglrx, but not being able to alt+tab out of things is pretty basic stuff.

Comment

Sorry, I accept the mutter issue could be either side either a problem with fglrx or mutter, so I will take that back.

The full screen alt-tab issue has been floating about for ages, if you run glxgears -fullscreen you cant alt / tab out of it (and it applies to allt he gl apps I use)

I have tested this under gnome and kde, and there is a thread about it here - http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26645

I can accept I was out of line with the mutter issue as it could lie with mutter and not fglrx, but not being able to alt+tab out of things is pretty basic stuff.
              alt+tab handling is probably more of a "window manager and fglrx not playing nice together" - but then I'd be more critical of fglrx here due to its proprietary nature (people can't know what it's doing internally). That aside, as simple as alt+tab is in theory, it's had problems on the linux desktop for a long time (even just getting focus of the keyboard events).
              Maybe Wayland, if it ever becomes what it wants to become, or future X work can allow these issues to vanish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandel View Post
                I just gave this driver a try... The invisible models on Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, and Alien Swarm still exist (all use the same segment of the video card). The problem is with the initialization variables most likely tho... Although, i can't properly give this information to amd/ati until they have an official bug report location (and not the unofficial one which has been down for over 2 weeks now).
                I found a bug with the driver some days ago. You just can't use uniform floats within your fragment-shader with fglrx. If you use uniform floating points within a fragment shader, they will always be 0.0f. A workaround would be using uniform int instead and then typecast them to floats within the shader. But that is an ugly workaround. Especially if you need precision.

Comment

Mutter just sucks

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
                    I found a bug with the driver some days ago. You just can't use uniform floats within your fragment-shader with fglrx. If you use uniform floating points within a fragment shader, they will always be 0.0f. A workaround would be using uniform int instead and then typecast them to floats within the shader. But that is an ugly workaround. Especially if you need precision.
                    Are you specifying the precision? I know the ati/amd's drivers have problems with (later versions of) glsl if it isn't given (this actually comes from the glsl spec btw, which requires that the precision be specified). Can't remember what versions it affects, but it's worth looking into.

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
                      Mutter just sucks
                      Seeing as I went a bit narky at someone earlier....that's not really a constructive comment either. How does it suck? And does that relate to the latest catalyst drivers?

Comment

Working...
                      X