Catalyst 10.12 Released for Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mirv View Post
    Are you specifying the precision? I know the ati/amd's drivers have problems with (later versions of) glsl if it isn't given (this actually comes from the glsl spec btw, which requires that the precision be specified). Can't remember what versions it affects, but it's worth looking into.
    That might be it. I was just certain it was a bug. Nevermind then

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
      That might be it. I was just certain it was a bug. Nevermind then
      Well it's a "bug" in my mind - that's one thing I think should be handled better, as I'm sure there's plenty of "old" shader code out there without such things. Defaulting to some xyz precision, but spitting out a compiler warning message would be more appropriate in my opinion - but then I'm sure I'll find people to disagree there.

Comment

It seems to me that I cannot remember when ATI Linux drivers actually delivered a positive display experience on my Radeon 3450 HD.

Yet another miss by ATI.

Comment

For patching 2.6.36 and 2.6.37 kernels

Comment

It looks like doesn't support mine 6850. aticonfig doesn't work and "Unsupported hardware" at bottom left corner. Anyway I could make it working with changing driver to fglrx.

For remove that logo:
            #!/bin/sh

#DRIVER=/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so #for 32bit dist.
            DRIVER=/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so

for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
            sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
            done

Comment

It still have the same vsync problem as always.......................

Comment

Originally posted by mirv View Post
                Well it's a "bug" in my mind - that's one thing I think should be handled better, as I'm sure there's plenty of "old" shader code out there without such things. Defaulting to some xyz precision, but spitting out a compiler warning message would be more appropriate in my opinion - but then I'm sure I'll find people to disagree there.
                Ohh btw. Do you know if that is also true for non uniform variables within the shader code?

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
                  Ohh btw. Do you know if that is also true for non uniform variables within the shader code?
                  I think so. Normally you'll just need to put "precision highp float;" after your #version, and that takes care of it. At least that's what I do, and I've not had any problems.

Comment

Found another bug... The 64-bit copy of the World of Goo crashes (Linux Demo v1.41) on this driver, however, the 32-bit binary is unaffected. (Tested with Compiz/desktop effects enabled).

Source of game: http://2dboy.com/games.php

Comment

Quick check with Guild Wars and latest Wine dev version:
                      Text/GUI seems back to normal (worked in 10.10 though 10.11 re-introduced the garbled GUI issue).
                      Footprints still incorrectly displayed without GLSL
                      Still random slowdowns - BTW if you want to check this out for yourself, you don't need to own the game, download the online installer, get to the login screen and let the camera pan; there is an Ping monitor/FPS counter at the bottom right of the screen, above the "Options" button. However it's kind of hidden at the login screen. Hover with your mouse in that area (there should be a lightning icon for a few seconds at the correct location) and the FPS should appear.

openSUSE 11.3 64 bit, HD4670 PCIe.

Comment

Working...
                      X