X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mirv
    replied
    Originally posted by Saner View Post
    Sorry, I accept the mutter issue could be either side either a problem with fglrx or mutter, so I will take that back.

The full screen alt-tab issue has been floating about for ages, if you run glxgears -fullscreen you cant alt / tab out of it (and it applies to allt he gl apps I use)

I have tested this under gnome and kde, and there is a thread about it here - http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26645

I can accept I was out of line with the mutter issue as it could lie with mutter and not fglrx, but not being able to alt+tab out of things is pretty basic stuff.
    alt+tab handling is probably more of a "window manager and fglrx not playing nice together" - but then I'd be more critical of fglrx here due to its proprietary nature (people can't know what it's doing internally). That aside, as simple as alt+tab is in theory, it's had problems on the linux desktop for a long time (even just getting focus of the keyboard events).
    Maybe Wayland, if it ever becomes what it wants to become, or future X work can allow these issues to vanish.

Leave a comment:

• Saner
    replied
    Originally posted by mirv View Post
    Let me see if I can get this right...Mutter, still in development, not working with the drivers because you can't alt+tab out out of a full screen app. Does the app crash, or does alt+tab do nothing? In the latter case, the pile of "shite" is blaming that on the drivers. Otherwise, it could well be a mutter problem too.
    But then I do forget what forum I'm reading here...

Sorry, I accept the mutter issue could be either side either a problem with fglrx or mutter, so I will take that back.

The full screen alt-tab issue has been floating about for ages, if you run glxgears -fullscreen you cant alt / tab out of it (and it applies to allt he gl apps I use)

I have tested this under gnome and kde, and there is a thread about it here - http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26645

I can accept I was out of line with the mutter issue as it could lie with mutter and not fglrx, but not being able to alt+tab out of things is pretty basic stuff.

Leave a comment:

• ntt2010
    replied
    Does anybody know if this version supports kernel >= 2.6.36 ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    Originally posted by Saner View Post
    Mutter compatibility still borked, cant alt+tab out of full screen GL apps.

Pile of shite (as per usual)
    Let me see if I can get this right...Mutter, still in development, not working with the drivers because you can't alt+tab out out of a full screen app. Does the app crash, or does alt+tab do nothing? In the latter case, the pile of "shite" is blaming that on the drivers. Otherwise, it could well be a mutter problem too.
    But then I do forget what forum I'm reading here...

Leave a comment:

• Saner
    replied
    Mutter compatibility still borked, cant alt+tab out of full screen GL apps.

Pile of shite (as per usual)

Leave a comment:

• pete910
    replied
    Originally posted by pete910 View Post
    Lets see if X3:r works with this one

Pete.
    Thats a no then.....

Pete.

Leave a comment:

• nereus
    replied
    GNOME Shell and OpenCL

I've just picked the new driver yesterday and got slightly disappointed. The thing is, that the GNOME Shell is still not usable (for me). In contrary to the announcements.
    But for those interested in GPGPU computing, I have a positive message - OpenCL (ATI Stream 2.3) works fine. (As for 10.11 and 10.10 it didn't. At least for me)

Leave a comment:

• mibo
    replied
    I installed 10.12 on my openSUSE 11.3 64bit system last night. Then I connected a new monitor via DVI to my HD3850 (my old monitor was still connected to the other DVI output). amdccc doesn't let me choose 1920x1080 resolution for my new monitor :-( What can I do about it?

A second question: In my notebook I have a Nvidia gpu. Using nvidia-settings I need no superuser rights to change screen resolutions, (dis-)connect a projector. At home amdccc needs superuser rights to change resolutions and also wants to restart the system for some changes.
    To me it looks as if the AMD solution is less user friendly. Why are there these differences?

Cheers,
    mibo

Leave a comment:

• Dandel
    replied
    I spotted an interesting set of improvements that where not listed...
    Code:
    [email protected]:~$ fglrxinfo
    display: :0.0  screen: 0
    OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    OpenGL version string: 4.1.10362 Compatibility Profile Context
    All this output shows is the driver Claims to be OpenGL 4.1 capable.

Code:
    [email protected]:~$ glxinfo | grep -i version
    server glx version string: 1.4
    client glx version string: 1.4
    GLX version: 1.4
    OpenGL version string: 4.1.10362 Compatibility Profile Context
    OpenGL shading language version string: 4.10
    Same as above... just means all applications see this.

Code:
    [email protected]:~$ glxinfo | grep -i es2_compat
        GL_AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator, GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility,
    Now this is the fun part... the extension, GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility is part of OpenGL 4.1 that allows for Using OpenGL ES on the desktop with OpenGL Contests.

Leave a comment:

• Panix
    replied
    If Nvidia doesn't support the drivers suddenly or the support deteriorates suddenly, I wonder if that's actually bad for ATI customers who use Linux. ATI/AMD then have even less incentive to provide good drivers on the Linux side.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X