Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salva84
    replied
    It still have the same vsync problem as always.......................

Leave a comment:

• Death Knight
    replied
    It looks like doesn't support mine 6850. aticonfig doesn't work and "Unsupported hardware" at bottom left corner. Anyway I could make it working with changing driver to fglrx.

For remove that logo:
    #!/bin/sh

#DRIVER=/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so #for 32bit dist.
    DRIVER=/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so

for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
    sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
    done

Leave a comment:

• Death Knight
    replied
    For patching 2.6.36 and 2.6.37 kernels
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1615594

Leave a comment:

• rldawson
    replied
    It seems to me that I cannot remember when ATI Linux drivers actually delivered a positive display experience on my Radeon 3450 HD.

Yet another miss by ATI.

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    Originally posted by tball View Post
    That might be it. I was just certain it was a bug. Nevermind then
    Well it's a "bug" in my mind - that's one thing I think should be handled better, as I'm sure there's plenty of "old" shader code out there without such things. Defaulting to some xyz precision, but spitting out a compiler warning message would be more appropriate in my opinion - but then I'm sure I'll find people to disagree there.

Leave a comment:

• tball
    replied
    Originally posted by mirv View Post
    Are you specifying the precision? I know the ati/amd's drivers have problems with (later versions of) glsl if it isn't given (this actually comes from the glsl spec btw, which requires that the precision be specified). Can't remember what versions it affects, but it's worth looking into.
    That might be it. I was just certain it was a bug. Nevermind then

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
    Mutter just sucks
    Seeing as I went a bit narky at someone earlier....that's not really a constructive comment either. How does it suck? And does that relate to the latest catalyst drivers?

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    Originally posted by tball View Post
    I found a bug with the driver some days ago. You just can't use uniform floats within your fragment-shader with fglrx. If you use uniform floating points within a fragment shader, they will always be 0.0f. A workaround would be using uniform int instead and then typecast them to floats within the shader. But that is an ugly workaround. Especially if you need precision.
    Are you specifying the precision? I know the ati/amd's drivers have problems with (later versions of) glsl if it isn't given (this actually comes from the glsl spec btw, which requires that the precision be specified). Can't remember what versions it affects, but it's worth looking into.

Leave a comment:

• bwat47
    replied
    Originally posted by Saner View Post
    Mutter compatibility still borked, cant alt+tab out of full screen GL apps.

Pile of shite (as per usual)
    Mutter just sucks

Leave a comment:

• tball
    replied
    Originally posted by Dandel View Post
    I just gave this driver a try... The invisible models on Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, and Alien Swarm still exist (all use the same segment of the video card). The problem is with the initialization variables most likely tho... Although, i can't properly give this information to amd/ati until they have an official bug report location (and not the unofficial one which has been down for over 2 weeks now).
    I found a bug with the driver some days ago. You just can't use uniform floats within your fragment-shader with fglrx. If you use uniform floating points within a fragment shader, they will always be 0.0f. A workaround would be using uniform int instead and then typecast them to floats within the shader. But that is an ugly workaround. Especially if you need precision.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X