No announcement yet.

AMD's Hiring Another Open-Source Driver Developer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has nothing to do with AMD hiring a developer whatsoever.

Comment

Nice to hear about the job vacancies, though it would have been nice to check those before the "the sky is falling" news about the FGLRX-dev leaving the team

As for the 90% off-topic replies on this thread...
      Originally posted by Qaridarium
      the theory about market need is wrong because you first need the product then you can do marketing then there are a market need because of the product and the marketing.

if you first check the markt need you just get the wrong data out of your fake marked need studie.
      *Takes a deep breath*

Ok I've seen quite a few over-the-top comments from you, but this one takes home the Grand Prize.
      I have actually no idea what you do at the moment, though if you expect to apply for any decent job in the future, I STRONGLY suggest that you rethink your approach here.

Before the product, there has to be a NEED that this product will fulfill. That need might not be obvious to the user, but no need = no sales.

Have you ever heard about... say... embarked home stereo equipments for space rockets? Surely, the product shouldn't be too tricky to manufacture, right? So why no rockets fired with them on board?
      BECAUSE THERE IS NO FREAKING NEED FOR THEM WHATSOEVER. Capice?

As long as there is a need, there is a potential market. And potential markets ARE possible to study.
      Marketing is also about identifying those needs and potential markets.

That's unfortunate that the word "Marketing" is thought to mean "bullcrapping people to fool them into buying junk they have no use for". That's advertising. The lame and pushy sort too.

Advertising is only a subset of marketing, and advertising doesn't necessarily have to be lame and pushy either, especially if your company's interested in long-term customer satisfaction.

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
        Have you ever heard about... say... embarked home stereo equipments for space rockets? Surely, the product shouldn't be too tricky to manufacture, right? So why no rockets fired with them on board?
        BECAUSE THERE IS NO FREAKING NEED FOR THEM WHATSOEVER. Capice?
        And should someone still think it's a good idea I'd pretty damn sure get royalties!

Comment

do you think i check every word? you can not write if you check every single letter
          You said you used a spellchecker, which generally do check every word and highlight the ones that need further review. But as you later explained, you don't really use a spellchecker for english words, only german.

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
            Have you ever heard about... say... embarked home stereo equipments for space rockets?
            Stereo equipment for space rockets......pffft. Everybody knows the future in space rocketry marketing lies in cheese.

A private company launched a cheese wheel into space to honor Monty Python during the maiden flight of its commercial spacecraft on Dec. 8.

Comment

i totally disagree with you all studies show us that the german education are worst and only based on selection and pullout the bad.

oder countrys do have much better education with less selection and no pulling out the bad.

sweden for exampel beats the german education system every year the last 10 years in a round.

thats because sweden do not pull 2/3 of the people into the garbage after the 4 year in scool sweden have the first 9 years with no discrimination and there is no "fall through/have to repeat a year"

the german system is just worst! thats all!
              @Qaridarium
              It's amazing how much crap a single person can produce. I sometimes really like to read your posts, because they are just funny.
              However, some posts are pure crap (content + language) and I see now the first time the need to intervene!

As a German, I went through the whole German education system, from primary school to University and we have all in all one of the best education systems in Europe!
              You are talking about Sweden, have you ever been there? I mean, despite the fact that u most likely mixed up Finland with Sweden, your statement is only true for the lower education (non University level), where the PISA study is often cited! I have studied in Sweden and Finland, so I know both systems quite well. When it comes to the higher education (University level) Germany is leading in Europe, not all Universities, but damn a lot!

You really should get the facts straight and stop talking bullshit about things you have obviously no clue of!

Armin

P.S.: I know that as a non-native speaker my English is also not perfect, but you really should consider to check your posts with an _English_ spell-checker!

Comment

I think this <sarcasm>very nice</sarcasm> thread is a great example of the need for forum moderators (hint hint), so that offtopic issues get moved to a relevant thread where the discussion can continue. If this system is not implemented we get bloody messed up threads like this one, and I'm pretty sure that won't attract new users. For a linux oriented website and forum, phoronix sure likes to shut out the community from getting involved.

Comment

Hi Michael,

As you made the effort to use the specific characters for Polish and Czech names, could you please do the same for the French one?

Jerome is spelled J?r?me for instance. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                    I think this <sarcasm>very nice</sarcasm> thread is a great example of the need for forum moderators (hint hint), so that offtopic issues get moved to a relevant thread where the discussion can continue. If this system is not implemented we get bloody messed up threads like this one, and I'm pretty sure that won't attract new users. For a linux oriented website and forum, phoronix sure likes to shut out the community from getting involved.
                    exactly.

its a big part of why i don't spend more time here, sure some of the members have some very interesting things to say, but wading through all the crap gets tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                      Phoronix: AMD's Hiring Another Open-Source Driver Developer
                      I'm ironing my shirt as I'm writing this.

I'm betting on that this will do. An ironed shirt.

An ironed shirt and a willingness to learn. Shouldn't that be sufficient?

Comment

Working...
                      X