AMD Catalyst 10.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamey0824 View Post
    Anyone get it working on maverick, it fails fors me.
    It works on Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick, 64-bit) with a radeon 5770 video card. Anyways, i used the installer to generate the packages, and installed the packages... that's all i really did and it just plain worked.

Comment

Originally posted by meklu View Post
      This is what my ebuild-f-abouts gave me:
      Code:
      DIST ati-driver-installer-10-11-x86.x86_64.run 123939635 RMD160 9868535bb2f4f79ae6f10fbb68e227df576bda19 SHA1 a7b9dbc5c0b7dd167fcf6ee4692987b7e76799ca SHA256 b9c6fb4d9cdc726812437a448a76fafad709b9d93db4546991a17b1506e263fc
      Hope it's correct
      Its a match. md5sum e2304b649b0894e3a904cd0c45bfbcc3

Comment

You people do realize 10.12 is out, don't you?

Comment

>also, some wine bugs still persist in this driver on wine 1.3.x and 1.2.x when using ubuntu 10.10.

You may want to recheck with the newer 10.12 drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by indezign View Post
            >also, some wine bugs still persist in this driver on wine 1.3.x and 1.2.x when using ubuntu 10.10.

You may want to recheck with the newer 10.12 drivers.
            Same crap different driver version.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr James View Post
              Same crap different driver version.
              Oh no, two different claims again.

One group asserts, 'best driver ever!" The other: "same old, same old."

And you wonder why new and potential ATI owners are totally confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                no one call an catalyst 10.11 best driver ever... the radeon driver beat the catalyst 10.11 in desktop useage.

the catalyst 11.1 is a good one for desktop usesage.

there is no confusing.

back in 2010 you need the catalyst for 3d and the radeon for 2D...

in 2011 amd fix that for the catalyst.

maybe the radeon is still more stable but be sure the catalyst beat the radeon on 2011 on featuresed 2D and 3D.
                Catalyst does not support hybrid cards (PowerX) yet. And as far as i understood from the thread "Catalyst with Intel IGP" there are still no plans for this

Comment

Nobody in ATI. That's why i am pessimistic about
                  but be sure the catalyst beat the radeon on 2011 on featuresed 2D and 3D.

Comment

Catalyst does not support hybrid cards (PowerX) yet. And as far as i understood from the thread "Catalyst with Intel IGP" there are still no plans for this
                    Yes, it's true. You're also out of luck if you use proprietary nVidia driver + Intel IGP too (Netbooks with ION2 platforms, for instance). I still believe this is more a kernel / Xorg design problem than a driver one, but that's an answer that only Xorg/Kernel/ATI/nVidia devs can tell us.

who cares?
                    A lot of people care about it. Currently, there are lots of computer systems (mainly laptops) which use a hybrid graphics solution (discrete + IGP). And Linux only works ATM (with some problems) with OS drivers. Because OS drivers have a very slow 3D performance, most people who have hybrid graphics solution and want to use 3D features have no other solution than install / dual booting with Windows.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X