No announcement yet.

AMD Already Has Open-Source Fusion Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We already did a full review a few weeks ago. This review is just confirming that the issues we found in the previous review have been addressed, and also looking at any new code added since then (eg there may be some NI bits in the patch set as well).

I expect the code will be out for a month or two before the first hardware ships. If Ontario were a discrete GPU they would already be in the stores, but since it's going into laptop-type products the lead time from silicon shipments to product shipments is a lot longer. I believe the first products are supposed to ship in January.
    Test signature

Comment

Great news!

Comment

I'm so going to buy a Fusion netbook! E17 saved my old one, but I need to dual boot Windows again for school (Maple software) and the battery is dead

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
        Yeah there's also folks with phd in all types of dialectics so watch out for them,[..]
        Which are absolutely worthless, because English is an undefined language in a sense that it doesn't have a centralized institute that adds and alters the grammer and words of/to the language. The following sentence is actually correct English:
        "Yo HomeZ i. was @ ur houZ jesturdai."

Comment

Wow that one took me off-guard, especially considering the first Ontario/Zacate products aren't supposed to hit the shelves before Jan. 2011

Awesome job

Well, "only" thing left once the Brazos net/subnotebooks are out is finding one without the MS tax... *cough*

Comment

I found it funny how close the Brazos (Ontario/Bobcat) test results of today were.

The cpu wasn't much better than the compared Atom, and it lost to a test unit of the Nano dual core.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              The cpu wasn't much better than the compared Atom, and it lost to a test unit of the Nano dual core.
              The Nano did use a lot more power and had a 200MHz clock advantage though. The great advantage of Brazos in in the GPU front.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                English is an undefined language in a sense that it doesn't have a centralized institute that adds and alters the grammer and words of/to the language. The following sentence is actually correct English:
                Correct according to whom? Does correctness mean anything without a standard to which implementations/sentences must adhere?

A noteworthy case is the French language: there is a French language institute (don't ask me the name, I can't remember) that defines and decides what is French.

However, that doesn't mean that ("institute French"?) lines up precisely with what french people actually speak ("populace French"?). If the institute and the populace are in conflict, who is correct?

What authority does an institute have to define a language? Governments and institutes can be toppled or destroyed (as can the general populace, but it takes much more effort).

Not meaning to be rude, I just find linguistic discussions interesting (perhaps continuing away from the forum would be an idea, to prevent it going too far O.T.)

Comment

I should point out that I'm delighted by the news of this open-source support. With that said, AMD are causing me a lot of angst at the moment, if they continue with this level of support then I may become *ahem* "0n3 of t3h f4nb0iz!" :-)

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                    The following sentence is actually correct English:

That isn't English, that is ebonics.

Comment

There have been a number of proposals to improve and standardize English over the years -- I read this one when I was a kid :

waynesthisandthat.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, waynesthisandthat.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X