Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD's R300 Gallium3D Driver Is Looking Good For 2011

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's the status of r300g Hyper-Z? In the wiki is marked as MOSTLY (gallium), however it's disabled by default and when forcing it with RADEON_HYPERZ=1 it shows random patches in sauerbraten and other games (this is with my RV530, mesa from git, kernel 2.6.36).

    Comment


    • I think that fits the definition of MOSTLY ("working but with bugs", implying "more and/or more serious bugs than the rest of the code"), doesn't it ?

      Are you suggesting that the definition for MOSTLY should also include "enabled by default in master" rather than the unwritten "in master" rule used today ? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, just asking.

      Comment


      • I'd prefer to see it properly fixed in mesa .

        However it's OK with me leaving it with MOSTLY. Also I just added S3TC status to the wiki.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Are you suggesting that the definition for MOSTLY should also include "enabled by default in master
          I think so
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
            What's the status of r300g Hyper-Z? In the wiki is marked as MOSTLY (gallium), however it's disabled by default and when forcing it with RADEON_HYPERZ=1 it shows random patches in sauerbraten and other games (this is with my RV530, mesa from git, kernel 2.6.36).
            Afaik it's disabled by default because you can only use it in one program at a time in pre-r600.

            Comment


            • is there anyone who actually still use an X1000 or older video card as their primary PC? gosh technology advances so fast

              Comment


              • I have a new laptop because of work, but my desktop, which was my only computer until a few months ago, has a Radeon 9600 (r350)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                  is there anyone who actually still use an X1000 or older video card as their primary PC? gosh technology advances so fast
                  Heh... An X800's a pretty decent part when you get to brass tacks- it's just not the same class as an X1900XT (Oh, how I wish I'd have had budget to have bought one of those on employee discount when I was working for AMD...) or any of the subsequent parts.

                  Comment


                  • My Lenovo T60 Notebook has an Buildin X1400 these Notebooks are used quite a lot, and the usability with the r300g is amazing

                    greetings

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                      is there anyone who actually still use an X1000 or older video card as their primary PC? gosh technology advances so fast
                      Yes, I use RV350 (AGP Radeon 9600) and RV370 (PCI-E Radeon X300) every day on the same machine and I still use it for open source GL games, too.
                      I know other people here with R200 and R300 still using these cards for desktop effects or games and the same as I, they don't have an option to upgrade PC by just a graphic card as new (or even not so new) cards don't work on our hardware.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X