Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Crap! You Can Use XvMC With ATI Gallium3D!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Crap! You Can Use XvMC With ATI Gallium3D!

Phoronix: Holy Crap! You Can Use XvMC With ATI Gallium3D!
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Holy crap indeed.

Comment

Niiiice!

Comment

This is great news indeed!

I own a X1600pro (AGP) that for sure can handle XvMC and accelerate H.264 (720p) content.

I'm wondering if there is (or will ever be) this kind support for R500 cards?

Comment

Keep up the good work guys!

*Can't wait for h264 support! *

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
            This is great news indeed!

I own a X1600pro (AGP) that for sure can handle XvMC and accelerate H.264 (720p) content.

Yeah, me too!

Comment

Isn't that the point of the Gallium architecture?

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
              Doesn't Gallium mean that a lot of the code written for r600g will be useful to r300g automatically? So once XvMC works for r600g then implementing for r300g would be relatively easy.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
                Doesn't Gallium mean that a lot of the code written for r600g will be useful to r300g automatically? So once XvMC works for r600g then implementing for r300g would be relatively easy.
                I sure hope so.

Comment

Heh... and just today I ordered a broadcom bcm970015 video decoder for my new (also ordered today) ITX-sempron-Radeon4200 htpc.... at this rate, it'll be able to handle high bitrate h264 split between the unlocked dual-core sempron 140 --> athlon2-X2-215 and the RHD4200....

I wonder if my laptop has a mini-PCIe slot...? Hmm... yep. It would appear that it does. Good, at least I'll get some value out of it.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't XvMC only accelerate mpeg2?

As in one of the formats least needing acceleration?

I understand, that it can be done and it was fairly quickly implemented, but I don't get why people are rejoicing over this. Vdpau or Va-api yes, but this?

Comment

Working...
                    X