ATI, please release an Open UVD API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
    I doubt it as there are still two API design flaws that prevent it from being useful without using awful workarounds (or luck).
    Is Tim aware of the API issues ? If so I can hook up with him. I had been trying to get the API opened up in its current form.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Is Tim aware of the API issues ? If so I can hook up with him. I had been trying to get the API opened up in its current form.
      Bridgman, sorry to say this, but gbeauche told you about serious API issues before in some other post.. didn't you do anything with that? (i don't know where that post is, but you replied on it although i doubt you want to go through all your post history )

Comment

Are you sure those were API issues ?

I remember the discussion about *implementation* issues (specifically the function that put the decoded image into a form that could be used by OpenGL wasn't working) but I don't remember any discussion saying that the API itself would need to change.

gbeauche's recent post mentioned *API* issues, implying that if we released the current API it would need to change anyways. I don't remember seeing discussion about API issues before.
        Test signature

Comment

Hmm, i can remember that as well. I might be confusing things a bit now.

Comment

Working...
          X