No announcement yet.

Ati miracle :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After seeing many people reporting, that fglrx 10.10 is working with HoN, I updated my Ubuntu today. What should I say, everything looks good. Nice driver release. That was the one I was waiting for, since 10.4.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      sure i tell you this in the past ;-)

me the oracle tells you this in the past ---
      In the past you've made statements about the quality of future releases that haven't proven to be true. You the oracle is not batting with a very good track record. I might not ring my bookie just yet.

And also, they've fixed some things and broken others. It's not quite time for the party yet, and while I deal with this breakage in ATI's driver nVidia users are getting on with their lives not having to deal with this kind of stuff.

Maybe the party can start on the 10th of the 10th, 2010? One can only hope.

Comment

New and exiting news from the land of Ubuntu 10.10RC, fglrx and Eyefinity.

When enabling an Eyefinity configuration it works as expected.... until a reboot. When X is restarted it's back to no Eyefinity until you re-enable it again in the Catalyst Control Centre.

Funnily enough, if you configure your system for separate desktops, so while the mouse pointer will move between monitors you cant drag windows between them, it will stick between boots. Just not a single desktop over multiple monitors.

I spose I cant have everything.....

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post
          When enabling an Eyefinity configuration it works as expected.... until a reboot. When X is restarted it's back to no Eyefinity until you re-enable it again in the Catalyst Control Centre.
          What is this "rebooting" you speak of

Comment

Originally posted by EmbraceUnity View Post
            What is this "rebooting" you speak of
            Yes I should've clarified.

When I either manually reboot the box for some reason or shut down for the night.

On the subject of random reboots due to bugs though, last night while running Google Earth, SMPlayer and Google Chrome I started Blender which then crashed X. I was wondering what this driver would be like under a bit of load, and I guess I found out.

Comment

My problem is, when playing HoN and someone writes me an IM and Pidgin starts blinking, HoN gets a massiv performance drop while Pidgin blinks for new message.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                me the oracle tells you this in the past ---
                This oracle has bloodshot eyes.

Comment

out of curiosity what are the version strings of the 10.10 for 2D and OpenGL ?
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                  Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
                    out of curiosity what are the version strings of the 10.10 for 2D and OpenGL ?
                    Code:
                    OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
                    OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
                    OpenGL version string: 4.0.10237 Compatibility Profile Context
                    OpenGL shading language version string: 4.00

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply
                      Code:
                      [larry@Tardis-2 ~]$ fglrxinfo
                      display: :0.0  screen: 0
                      OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
                      OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
                      OpenGL version string: 4.0.10237 Compatibility Profile Context
                      The AMDCCCLE gives me 2D driver version 8.77.12 as well.. does that look right?

I'm guessing my download of the 10-9 hotfix then mixing in the Ubuntu 10.10 files before creating the rpm's may actually have worked
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                      Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
                      X