Ati miracle :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dopehouse View Post
    Would be interesting to know, if this driver solves the OpenGL4 problem that refuses HoN to start.
    Savage 2 works with an ATI 5670, it use to get a segfault. Just tried opening HoN but it gets an error message.

Code:
    warning: The VAD has been replaced by a hack pending a complete rewrite
    X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
      Major opcode of failed request:  156 (RANDR)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  7 (RRSetScreenSize)
      Value in failed request:  0xd20
      Serial number of failed request:  80
      Current serial number in output stream:  81

Comment

Just disabled second display and HoN opened right up.

Comment

Originally posted by tcv90 View Post
        Savage 2 works with an ATI 5670, it use to get a segfault. Just tried opening HoN but it gets an error message.

Code:
        warning: The VAD has been replaced by a hack pending a complete rewrite
        X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
          Major opcode of failed request:  156 (RANDR)
          Minor opcode of failed request:  7 (RRSetScreenSize)
          Value in failed request:  0xd20
          Serial number of failed request:  80
          Current serial number in output stream:  81
        Just disable the RandR 1.2 modesetting backend in HoN to work around that (http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...16&postcount=4). RandR 1.2 is far from bugfree in fglrx (last time I played with it, I could crash X on demand with the xrandr utility).

Comment

HoN is working here again.

Radeon HD5770
          ArchLinux 64 bit ubuntu 10.10 beta driver

Comment

I tested this driver. It works. Kind of. The desktop is not tear-free like with KMS/DRI2, but GL applications running on the composited desktop (KDE4 here) are tear-free and VSynced. However, when doing this, everything gets jerky and skippy (moving windows around, etc) to the point the whole thing turns useless with VSync enabled. Also, trying to do anything else while GL VSync with composite is currently active, the thing crashes more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
              in simple words "AMD fanaticism" is ok.

and nvidia fanaticism is not ok.

there are multiple multiple arguments to proove this but i don't wana tell you long storrys.
              Nice to see you've not lost your sense of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                Also, trying to do anything else while GL VSync with composite is currently active, the thing crashes more often than not.
                Me thinks I should wait till 10.10 release in order to avoid disappointment.

Comment

Convert?

Hi Yall,

can anyone point to a howto, to convert the sauce file (very tasty..?), into an installable .run file?

Tanks.

GreekGeek :-)

Comment

fglrx is lie. just get over it muzzas

Comment

I couldn't help myself and had to install Ubuntu 10.10RC with fglrx 10.10beta.

I'd say it's definitely better than 10.9 but as always there's forward and backward progress. So far it looks like much more forward progress than backwards I'm happy to say.

So far the biggest borkedness would be when running SMPlayer, when you full screen the video by double clicking and then double click to un-fullscreen you can be left with some screen corruption but by dragging the SMPlayer window around over the whole screen its contents gets painted back properly.

Window resizing is really, really fast.
                      Google Earth is really fast too.
                      Chrome and Firefox are very happy and there's no black window bug so far.
                      Flash is fine. I added the OverrideGPUValidation=true string to /etc/adobe/mms.cfg and full screen video playback is good.

Time will tell but it's looking like a fairly good driver. Maybe the 10.10 release driver could be the one we've been waiting for?

Comment

Working...
                      X