X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rldawson
    replied
    Originally posted by dopehouse View Post
    I can't see any problems anymore. HoN is working with Evergreen cards, 2D and 3D performance seems to be increased, no artifacts, Notebook with Mobility HD3200 is also working without any problems.

So whats the reason for flaming?
    Do you have a customized xorg.conf? To date I have not had a fix for these problems. [vidoe tearing, video and game jerking]

Leave a comment:

• dopehouse
    replied
    I can't see any problems anymore. HoN is working with Evergreen cards, 2D and 3D performance seems to be increased, no artifacts, Notebook with Mobility HD3200 is also working without any problems.

So whats the reason for flaming?

Leave a comment:

• rldawson
    replied
    Originally posted by cruiseoveride View Post
    ATi miracle? The only miracle I see here is that no one has committed suicide yet.

ATi drivers are pure FAIL. Stop poking the dead horse already, its not going to get up.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• cruiseoveride
    replied
    ATi miracle? The only miracle I see here is that no one has committed suicide yet.

ATi drivers are pure FAIL. Stop poking the dead horse already, its not going to get up.

Leave a comment:

• rldawson
    replied
    Tried out the latest Ubuntu 10.10 with the accompanying fglrx drivers and found that it is not any better for my Radeon HD 3450 video card. In fact, in some respects it has gotten worse.

Perhaps someone can lead me to an appropriate xorg.conf that can correct the video tearing and jerking?

Leave a comment:

• DarkFoss
    replied
    Thanks guess I must have missed a couple files

Leave a comment:

• dopehouse
    replied
    I got 8.78.30 too.

Leave a comment:

• mugginz
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
    The AMDCCCLE gives me 2D driver version 8.77.12 as well.. does that look right?
    I get a version of 8.78.30 here.

Leave a comment:

• DarkFoss
    replied
    Thanks for the quick reply
    Code:
    [larry@Tardis-2 ~]$ fglrxinfo
    display: :0.0  screen: 0
    OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    OpenGL version string: 4.0.10237 Compatibility Profile Context
    The AMDCCCLE gives me 2D driver version 8.77.12 as well.. does that look right?

I'm guessing my download of the 10-9 hotfix then mixing in the Ubuntu 10.10 files before creating the rpm's may actually have worked

Leave a comment:

• mugginz
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
    out of curiosity what are the version strings of the 10.10 for 2D and OpenGL ?
    Code:
    OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
    OpenGL version string: 4.0.10237 Compatibility Profile Context
    OpenGL shading language version string: 4.00

Leave a comment:

Working...
X