Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The RadeonHD Driver Would Be Three Today

Phoronix: The RadeonHD Driver Would Be Three Today
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Happy Birthday anyway...
    Even though I never used it myself, I am still thankful for their hard work.

Comment

I bought my 4870 mainly because of the radeonHD driver. Turns out it took another 6 months or so before I had any hardware acceleration, but I'm now happily on xf86-video-ati + KMS. Can't complain, good enough for workstation use on a 2D non-compositing tiling WM.

er... s/good enough/overkill
      On a related note, congratulations to John Bridgman of AMD on becoming the number one contributor to the Phoronix Forums with more than 5,100 posts since the launch of the RadeonHD driver three years ago.
      Congrats! I appreciate your work and community interaction.

Comment

I did use it for a while as it was the default driver for Radeon HD cards on openSUSE 11.2. However since it didn't have 3D acceleration support for my card I switched to the radeon driver, and more recently to fglrx. 2D performance was very good though.

On a related note, congratulations to John Bridgman of AMD on becoming the number one contributor to the Phoronix Forums with more than 5,100 posts since the launch of the RadeonHD driver three years ago.
        More posts than the news bot! That's practically living in the phoronix forums. Congratulations

Comment

I suspect most of those posts are delete/repost/repeat cycles since I can't edit any more. I'm sure the news bot has no trouble editing
          Test signature

Comment

what happened to Luc? I mean, anyone knows where is working now?

Comment

Originally posted by sombra2eternity View Post
              what happened to Luc? I mean, anyone knows where is working now?
              Working for a company that's a contractor to Nokia working on a PowerVR driver, etc.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Working for a company that's a contractor to Nokia working on a PowerVR driver, etc.
                Oh, I see, I wish him all the best.

Comment

Yes, thank you John, and also to all of the other driver devs who hang out here. Your presence is appreciated.

I decided to look myself up on the ordered list of users and found myself way down on page 6. Better than page 730 I guess

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    I suspect most of those posts are delete/repost/repeat cycles since I can't edit any more. I'm sure the news bot has no trouble editing
                    Thats an good thing... ending up as top screw up eh... 'enhancer' has less ring to it

Comment

Working...
                    X