X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(as in, with FF4)

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
      Also, as they say, it'd be nice if you could install grafx bot plugin and run the tests for them so they can gather information on what is broken. :3
      i did that already :-) now i can only wait

Comment

In case anyone cares, latest xf86-video-ati optimizations seemed to raise fps from 1 to 6 in Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
          In case anyone cares, latest xf86-video-ati optimizations seemed to raise fps from 1 to 6 in Firefox.
          wow thats a 600% increase!!!

Comment

I'm sure it will be there sometime in the near future for firefox but surely unstable

they're also making nice progress with J?germonkey/Jaegermonkey now being as fast as SquirrelFish Extreme / Nitro

chromium 8 supports it now, too:

when going to

I get around 32-34 FPS (with default settings, adblock and XSS Auditor enabled)

when I additionally activate "GPU Accelerated Canvas 2D" it gets to 175-180

the only disadvantage right now is that memory consumption and CPU load seems to spike pretty easily so it's not usable right now

Comment

Chromium may be faster than Firefox, but for me I can't get used to the fugly UI of chromium. It doesn't fit in, Epiphany looks a lot better, but I found that none of the Webkit based browsers can match Gecko rendering quality. Especially there seems to be a major flaw in page reloading with Webkit. Firefox handles page reloading quite intelligently, with Webkit based browsers you often first see a blank white page for a split second before you see the refreshed page. Very annoying.

So Firefox may be slower in scrolling on some pages, in other areas I found it to be still far superior than the alternatives around.

Comment

@monraaf

I only dislike that rss bookmarks are only possible with an extension for chrome so you can not import em. But when you have been used to mozilla + the way to search then you will like chrome very much. The time is right to get rid of the stupid extra search tab. I hated that the first time when i had to switch from mozilla to firefox. You are definitely much faster when you heavyly use google with chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  @monraaf

I only dislike that rss bookmarks are only possible with an extension for chrome so you can not import em. But when you have been used to mozilla + the way to search then you will like chrome very much. The time is right to get rid of the stupid extra search tab. I hated that the first time when i had to switch from mozilla to firefox.
                  I agree the extra search widget is not needed anymore, and only gets in the way. Good thing you can remove it from the toolbar.

You are definitely much faster when you heavyly use google with chrome.
                  But what about gmail. I have multiple gmail accounts that I can track with one simple extension in Firefox. Last time I looked the chrome gmail extensions that are out there can only manage one account. Apparently this is yet another limitation of chrome itself. Just like it took ages to get and adblocker for chrome that actually blocks ads and not just hides them because of lack of support in the browser core.

Really chrome/chromium still has a long way to go before I'm ready to give up my Firefox.

Comment

Working...
                  X