Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phenom2 4x3,2Ghz , Radeon 4670, git radeon driver , Kernel 2.6.36-rc3
    Debian Sid

Firefox (iceweasel) ~1 fps (actually even less)
    Opera 16fps

Comment

Sounds like Firefox having issues if those are on the same computer.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
        Sounds like Firefox having issues if those are on the same computer.
        It's not like FF is known to be very fast, right?

Comment

Originally posted by mcgreg View Post
          It's not like FF is known to be very fast, right?
          Actually FF4 seems to be faster than their previous browsers in normal use cases. It's still bloody slow though on that hack test page but at least keeps responding here. Decided to give it a try.

Comment

Firefox rendering performance on Linux is appalling, as this test shows again. I should really migrate to one of these Webkit based browsers once I have the time.

Comment

I get the impression that FF performance with the open drivers is, if anything, slower than with fglrx. Does that match what others are seeing ?
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                I get the impression that FF performance with the open drivers is, if anything, slower than with fglrx. Does that match what others are seeing ?
                yeah, some exceptions seems to be some intel graphics

besides that fglrx seems faster than the open drivers

can everybody relax now ?

firefox is working on acceleration-layers and they're simply not there yet:

One of the new features of Firefox 4 is graphics hardware acceleration.   This, along with the new layers code, will help improve Firefox performance during things like page rendering and full-scre…

I tried starting firefox with MOZ_ACCELERATED=11 and it showed nothing *g* (the window didn't even appear)

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
                  can everybody relax now ?

firefox is working on acceleration-layers and they're simply not there yet:

One of the new features of Firefox 4 is graphics hardware acceleration.   This, along with the new layers code, will help improve Firefox performance during things like page rendering and full-scre…

I tried starting firefox with MOZ_ACCELERATED=11 and it showed nothing *g* (the window didn't even appear)

http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/commen...ration/c0ywmhp
                  Not sure how they are "not there yet" - on Nvidia drivers i got 60 fps on ubuntu with gtx260.

On my hd 5770 i get 90fps under windows. There was a reddit thread where mozilla guy told me that its my xrender not performing as it should and i guess he is the one to believe.

Comment

"A good score is "above 30". If you have less than 10, it probably means that the XRender extension doesn't work well on your Linux (it's not related to 3D at all)."

Comment

Also, as they say, it'd be nice if you could install grafx bot plugin and run the tests for them so they can gather information on what is broken. :3

Comment

Working...
                      X