Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tball
    replied
    Thank you ATI/AMD for the awesome oss driver. I will look forward to r600 galium3d support.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Happiness .

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    yeah, that opensource strategy was a really big reason to buy a 3870 and later a 5770.

Leave a comment:

• Khudsa
    replied
    Thank you AMD and thank you Michael!

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Only three years? It seems longer, considering how much has been accomplished already.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    You earned my purchase with this open-source strategy, and all the subsequent purchases I will make in the near future.

I'm not the only one. Thanks for doing things the right way.

Leave a comment:

• snogglethorpe
    replied
    Thanks AMD!!!

You didn't choose the simplest path, but you chose the right one, for both your customers and your company's future.

[...happily running 3d apps on my R780 right now, using the free driver...]

Leave a comment:

• disi
    replied
    Thanks for releasing the code. And thanks to the people working on the drivers.

I have seen the progress they made for my RV740 chip, from not beeing able to properly render 2d images on the desktop to a full blown opengl composite desktop...

BUT 3 years and I still cannot play Eve Online on my Linux box, using the driver

Leave a comment:

• Tsiolkovsky
    replied
    Thank you AMD and keep it up! Hope it grows even stronger in the future.

Leave a comment:

• sylware
    replied
    3 years... time to improve it: earlier publication of hardware programming manual/code. Indeed we got evergreen usable stuff just a few months before the release of the next gpu generation and a year after the release of evergreen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X