Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's display resolution is called WUXGA

Comment

Right... All kinds of silliness we've been through, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
        Right... All kinds of silliness we've been through, apparently.
        Well I have to admit, I absolutely hate sacrificing vertical resolution by going to 16:9. Once your used to a 16:10 display it is annoying as hell having to go to a 16:9 ratio. Those extra pixels easily accommodate the taskbar and top window frame in fullscreen. 16:9 feels compressed to me for monitor use.

Comment

Taskbars are just so 90's.

Comment

AMD and NVIDIA not equal on the proprietary driver side of things

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: Happy 3rd Birthday To AMD's Open-Source Strategy

It was three years ago on this day that we were the first to detail AMD's open-source strategy. Yep, it's only been three years since AMD became public with pushing out NDA-free GPU documentation and register specifications, open-source code for the xf86-video-ati and Mesa drivers, and employed a small set of developers to contribute towards their open-source Linux stack. It was also three years ago from this month that the now deceased RadeonHD driver was launched...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODU3MQ
            In the full article, it says that AMD had drawn even (or words to that effect) with Nvidia with their proprietary driver, as they launched their open source strategy.

I applaud AMD for what they have done on the open source side of things (the delay for Evergreen aside), but I must say the proprietary side of things really aren't equal with Nvidia, and here is why.

With Nvidia, I can use, if I choose too, the proprietary driver with virtually any distribution. With AMD, I can only use the proprietary driver with Ubuntu. So, as a Fedora user, I'm out in the cold, at least where the proprietary driver is concerned.

I would prefer an open source driver anyway, but since I also have an Evergreen GPU (HP Envy 17 laptop), all I get is 2D, with no hardware acceleration.

Comment

Are you testing the open source Evergreen acceleration code that was released a couple of weeks ago ?
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by andrig View Post
                I would prefer an open source driver anyway, but since I also have an Evergreen GPU (HP Envy 17 laptop), all I get is 2D, with no hardware acceleration.
                There is working 3d acceleration for evergreen in mesa git master
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  There is working 3d acceleration for evergreen in mesa git master
                  Well, more sort of working It isn't up to par with r600/r700 yet. Many 3D apps won't run and those who do mostly have rendering artifacts. Left picture with R600, right one with Evergreen.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                    Well, more sort of working It isn't up to par with r600/r700 yet. Many 3D apps won't run and those who do mostly have rendering artifacts. Left picture with R600, right one with Evergreen.
                    What game is that?!?

Two games I'd like to have is whatever that is and Nexuiz.

Comment

foobillard

Comment

Working...
                      X