AMD to Demo Fusion APUs at IFA Berlin, in September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    There are known GPU hangs when running 2D and 3D together - agd5f and Richard are both looking into those. AFAIK they also happen when using just 2D or just 3D but *much* less frequently. Probably would be a good idea to turn off compositing until the GPU hangs are figured out.

Not sure if the devs are seeing the same degree of corruption on their systems (at least I don't remember seeing or hearing about it); what are others seeing ?
    I can echo Wingfeather's problems, except on a HD5970, using the latest linux-next kernel (alternately I tried airlied's drm-radeon-testing and drm-fixes) and evergreen_accel. OTOH I am running everything from master, including xserver, libs, and proto. Definitely seeing pointer corruption unless Option "RenderAccel" is set to "off", and random crashes whether compositing is enabled or not. I can also reliably crash X by minimizing a window with metacity or compiz compositing, although with Kwin compositing set to always keep thumbnails, that doesn't happen. Tried a full factorial of the radeon DDX's options, and only RenderAccel off improved things at all. "EXAVSync" "on" causes X to crash on startup.

Comment

Working...
    X