Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    Change your tv settings. For Philips i had to define the output as PC to get rid of any optimisations incl. overscan.

Leave a comment:

• evanjfraser
    replied
    10.8 Loses Overscan setting

Since installing 10.8, it no-longer seems to apply the correct overscan setting on bootup. I have to manually go into amdccle and reset it to 100% every time.

Any ideas on what to try?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• evanjfraser
    replied
    Using 10.8 I now have tear free video using GL!

Card: 5750
    Driver: 10.8 via Kano's script (thanks Kano!)

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    You really change the distro to try a differnet kernel? That's a bit extreme, just use the u mainline kernels.

Leave a comment:

• smartysmart34
    replied
    Originally posted by Love_Sex_Magic View Post
    I think this is correct. I did a fresh install yesterday, and installed the 10.8 drivers and amdcccle reported the correct version that was installed.
    I installed 10.3 as the first driver on my system.
    I upgraded from there every month.
    After 10.8 installation the Catalyst version reported by amdcccle is 10.5.

So it is not the version of the first setup, but not the latest either.

Can you tell me what the best way to upgrade from an old fglrx to the newest would be? I use distributionspecific package generation for Suse 11.2 in 64 bit.

Kind regards,
    Martin

Leave a comment:

• ShawnPMartin
    replied
    Catalyst 10.8 Linux install problem

I recently purchased a Sapphire Raedon 4650 HD 1GB AGP video card. Everything works fine under Windows XP Sp3. When trying to install under centOS 5.5 i386 the system will lock once the computer is restated after the install. I have a dual boot system. I have tried
    installing with both methods described in the "ATI Catalyst 10.8 Linux Installer Note", Automatic Driver Installation and Package Generation. When using the Package Generation I installed with the GUI which checks for package dependencies and it installed without a
    hitch. After installation I ran "aticonfig --initial" at a command prompt with root privileges. When I reboot the system with the new configuration for X, the system would lock up. I then configured the system for boot level 3 so that I could start X manually.

Below is the messages that came back on the failed "startx":

(EE) fglrx(0): Hasn't established DRM Connection
    (EE) fglrx(0): Hasn't established DRM Connection
    (EE) fglrx(0): atiddxDriScreenInit failed, GPS not been initialized.
    (EE) fglrx(0): XXM failed to open CMMQS connection.

Backtrace:
    0: X

Any help would be most appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    since they do not happen with chromium, maybe those are firefox bugs?

Leave a comment:

• bedfojo
    replied
    Yes, also having colour issues in Firefox (not Chromium) on some images (not clear why it is some and not others). I first noticed it in 10.7, is also present in 10.8.

How are bugs reported?

Leave a comment:

• Love_Sex_Magic
    replied
    Originally posted by esheesle View Post
    Mine reports 10.5, which I believe was the first version I ever installed. I went back to 10.7 and it reports the same. Beyond that, there were some weird color anomalies with 10.8(thunderbird's folder colors all changed to pink). Sticking with 10.7 for now.
    I think this is correct. I did a fresh install yesterday, and installed the 10.8 drivers and amdcccle reported the correct version that was installed.

Leave a comment:

• esheesle
    replied
    So nobody else is having color issues? I keep having certain blues and such replaced with pink(firefox/thunderbird at least).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X