No announcement yet.

Progress On The ATI R600g Gallium3D Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The error in r600c is "Not enough drawbuffers supported! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date!"

And it actually does display the game window along with the error dialog, but it doesn't display anything.

Comment

How close is r600g running Heroes of Newerth?
      I can run HoN with the r600c driver, but it will crash after several minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
        How close is r600g running Heroes of Newerth?
        I can run HoN with the r600c driver, but it will crash after several minutes.
        Same problem here. Have you made any progress tracking down that bug?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          Doesn't this only affect Evergreen cards?

Comment

Originally posted by stev47 View Post
            Same problem here. Have you made any progress tracking down that bug?
            Unfortunately I haven't had the time. Do you still got the problem with latest git?

Comment

Vdrift won't start with r600c because I don't have fbos, it says. With r600g it runs between 4-30 fps.

Torcs and Trigger runs but torcs is _really_ low on fps.

Armagetron runs nicely and I think it is somewhat faster with gallium.

(rv730, kernel 2.6.35)

Tiling is coming for r600g!

Comment

Originally posted by HokTar View Post
                Vdrift won't start with r600c because I don't have fbos, it says. With r600g it runs between 4-30 fps.
                Weird, vdrift runs fine here with both r600c and r600g. r600c is still faster on my evergreen though. avg of 58 vs 38 fps. Of course fps depends on resolution, camera angle, track and many more factors, but your 30fps max is most probably because of vblank/anti-tearing code.

Torcs and Trigger runs but torcs is _really_ low on fps.
                Yeah torcs is also low on fps here, both on r600c and r600g. If you do a practice run you get good fps, but as soon as you start a real race it crawls.

Comment

Vdrift won't start with r600c because I don't have fbos, it says.
                  Sounds like old r600c or no KMS.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                    Sounds like old r600c or no KMS.
                    As a matter of fact it happened on both stock Maverick and Maverick + xorg-edgers, so it is anything but old. KMS has been working nicely for several months.

Comment

As a matter of fact it happened on both stock Maverick and Maverick + xorg-edgers, so it is anything but old. KMS has been working nicely for several months.
                      That's strange then. Afaik r600c should have FBO's if KMS is working properly. You checked whether glxinfo is missing the extensions?

Comment

Working...
                      X