No announcement yet.

Progress On The ATI R600g Gallium3D Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In extreme-tuxracer, I get 30-60 fps with r600 classic, and 4-7 fps with r600g.

But it works, and looks great. Actually, with Classic the font outline appears to be broken, while it looks correct with Gallium.

Comment

Originally posted by nikai View Post
      In extreme-tuxracer, I get 30-60 fps with r600 classic, and 4-7 fps with r600g.

But it works, and looks great. Actually, with Classic the font outline appears to be broken, while it looks correct with Gallium.
      Yes that's my experience as well. A lot of games are working now with r600g. Extreme-tuxracer, vdrift, foobillard (just missing shadows) and speed-dreams (not 100% correct). But for now they are all running at a fraction of r600c speed.

Lets just hope that this is a case of either hitting sw fall-backs for things not yet implemented or they want to get it right first and then get it fast. And not something inherent to Gallium architecture.

Anyway I like the progress on this.

Comment

There are no software fallbacks in gallium. At this point most of the slowness with r600g is due to unoptimized buffer handling overhead.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
          Lets just hope that this is a case of either hitting sw fall-backs for things not yet implemented or they want to get it right first and then get it fast. And not something inherent to Gallium architecture.
          Could any of the developers comment on this? Secondly, I would like to know whether it is planned to default to gallium before Mesa 7.9 release?

Comment

Originally posted by fa5hion View Post
            Could any of the developers comment on this?
            How about the post directly above yours? :P

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              How about the post directly above yours? :P
              Alex beat me. :P The second question still unanswered.

Comment

Originally posted by fa5hion View Post
                Could any of the developers comment on this? Secondly, I would like to know whether it is planned to default to gallium before Mesa 7.9 release?
                No you are right gallium only works at 5-7 fps max.

Dave.

Comment

and no I don't think r600g will be default in 7.9 since it releases in a month and I don't think we'll have gotten enough testing by then to be default. Also we don't have evergreen support yet.

At the moment I'm pushing to get piglit tests better than r600c, then starting to worry about speed.

hopefully letting Jerome start on the compiler which is really the hard bit.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
                    and no I don't think r600g will be default in 7.9 since it releases in a month and I don't think we'll have gotten enough testing by then to be default. Also we don't have evergreen support yet.

At the moment I'm pushing to get piglit tests better than r600c, then starting to worry about speed.

Thanks for the reply. Superb work, it's really appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post

Does this mean that you personally expect that r600g will be default in mesa 7.10? I would be really surprised, although positively of course!

Comment

Working...
                      X