No announcement yet.

Mesa git testing experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The git history is a graph, actually a pretty complex graph as everybody makes branches and merges them again. Bisecting that by hand would be crazy and that's why there is git bisect. Just believe that it does the right thing.

Comment

So after 3 upgrades of mesa stack, Heroes of Newerth still arent working and no mesa developers are answering bugreports. May someone more experienced can try those git revisions on r600 with heroes of newerth to figure out which one is "bad"?
      f668ea11
      ff26594a
      ecec6df9
      d442a01a
      after upgrade to some of those revisions HoN just stopped working for me. Thanks for help anyone.

Comment

1. You only filed the bug a couple of days ago, have patience.

2. There doesn't seem to be a demo of the game available, meaning it's harder to reproduce if you don't already own the game.

3. Try to add as much information as possible directly, in general, too much information is better than to little. (Add the screenshot you mentioned in the bug report for example)

4. If it worked before, try bisecting. See if any shaders fail to compile. See if you can figure out which shader(s) is used for the models if that is the problem. (Perhaps one of the HoN developers can clue you in).

Etc...

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
          1. You only filed the bug a couple of days ago, have patience.

2. There doesn't seem to be a demo of the game available, meaning it's harder to reproduce if you don't already own the game.

3. Try to add as much information as possible directly, in general, too much information is better than to little. (Add the screenshot you mentioned in the bug report for example)

4. If it worked before, try bisecting. See if any shaders fail to compile. See if you can figure out which shader(s) is used for the models if that is the problem. (Perhaps one of the HoN developers can clue you in).

Etc...
          Im not really into compiling. Anyway - you can download HoN client for free. In menu there are models displayed and moving even without loging in. So all i need is a tester so we could find out a revision which broke it.

Comment

Great! (This is the kind of stuff a bug report should mention!)

Comment

Heroes of Newerth works again.

Comment

Works but the performance drop is still there. I guess that's a different issue.

Comment

Originally posted by rob2687 View Post
                  Works but the performance drop is still there. I guess that's a different issue.
                  I didnt noticed any performance drops on R600.. To be honest, i think its a bit faster than before...

Comment

On r500 it went from playable at low settings to slideshow.

Comment

Working...
                    X