r500 opengl 2.0 .... where is this ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r500 opengl 2.0 .... where is this ?!

i've seen some decent recent developments in the open source driver, but somehow i still can't get anything past opengl 1.5. apparently, r600+ drivers do have that supported, but i'm puzzled since those chips also are supported by catalyst? ..

afaik my card is more than capable of going opengl 2.0 - so am i missing anything here ? is there a way for me to get true support for my card through the open source driver, as implicitly promised by ati in their deprecation of the closed source option in explicit favor of the open source one ? or maybe someone can explain to me how cards r600 and above are getting two seperate teams working on providing two distinct linux drivers ? ...

i mean what's going on here ? .... this feels like a bad joke ..

You need to use the gallium driver (r300g)

Comment

... and in case it saves some pain you need to run the r300g driver over a current (DRI2, which implies GEM/TTM, which implies KMS) graphics stack.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by pedepy View Post
        apparently, r600+ drivers do have that supported, but i'm puzzled since those chips also are supported by catalyst? ..
        Don't be trying to take my OSS r600 driver from me. Not all of us like Catalyst.

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
          Don't be trying to take my OSS r600 driver from me. Not all of us like Catalyst.
          i guess what i was trying to say was, why the *** are they still putting efforts into catalyst anyway ??

also, i thought gallium for r300 was like ... 2 years away ? ...

Comment

Why would we not be putting efforts into Catalyst ? We need the proprietary driver for a number of markets, particularly workstation.

The Gallium3D driver for 3xx-5xx seems to be getting pretty close to becoming the default. The Gallium3D driver for 6xx-7xx has also been moving ahead pretty quickly in the last couple of weeks. Both glisse and airlied are working on it, which is always a Good Thing.
            Test signature

Comment

With r300g, you should get something like this:

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org R300 Project
              OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on RV530
              OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.9-devel
              OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
              OpenGL extensions:
              GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_depth_texture,
              GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex,
              GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_ARB_fragment_program,
              GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_fragment_shader,
              GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex,
              GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_multitexture,
              GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object,
              GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex,
              GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_ARB_shading_language_100,
              GL_ARB_shading_language_120, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp,
              GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map,
              GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine,
              GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3,
              GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two,
              GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix,
              GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object,
              GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_vertex_shader,
              GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_blend_color,
              GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate,
              GL_EXT_blend_logic_op, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_blend_subtract,
              GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_EXT_copy_texture,
              GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit,
              GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object,
              GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays,
              GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_packed_pixels,
              GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_EXT_point_parameters,
              GL_EXT_polygon_offset, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_rescale_normal,
              GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color,
              GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap,
              GL_EXT_subtexture, GL_EXT_texture, GL_EXT_texture3D,
              GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map,
              GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_env_add,
              GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3,
              GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias,
              GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_object,
              GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle,
              GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels,
              GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate,
              GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once,
              GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays,
              GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat,
              GL_INGR_blend_func_separate, GL_MESA_pack_invert, GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture,
              GL_MESA_window_pos, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_NV_conditional_render,
              GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil,
              GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4,
              GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_OES_read_format, GL_SGI_color_matrix,
              GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp,
              GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays,
              GL_S3_s3tc, GL_OES_EGL_image
              There are about 20 more extensions on my TODO list to implement. Some are easy, others are not. Even though it is not complete, the level of OpenGL features is currently higher than what used to be provided by Catalyst.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                Even though it is not complete, the level of OpenGL features is currently higher than what used to be provided by Catalyst.
                Are all these functions hw accelerated? i.e. on WoW there is somewhere an SW fallback (1 up to 4 FPS and the fglrx reach on my hw around 100-120fps) and the game crash randomly. on the bug tracker there are many bug reports about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                  Are all these functions hw accelerated? i.e. on WoW there is somewhere an SW fallback (1 up to 4 FPS and the fglrx reach on my hw around 100-120fps) and the game crash randomly. on the bug tracker there are many bug reports about this.
                  Mostly yes. Could you point me to a bug? I don't know about such a fallback that would make your FPS so low.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                    Mostly yes. Could you point me to a bug? I don't know about such a fallback that would make your FPS so low.

With the s3tc lib the game runs (With some corrupt textures like some broken icons in the action bars but the game run) And without the library you can run in the old world without an problem ( like cross roads )

But the Problem is you has only around 1-4 FPS

Comment

Working...
                    X