X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
    Looks rather good to me. I'm still suspicious about the gear not looking quite symmetric but I might just be imagining it.

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
    FYI, I submitted the patches here:

just in case anyone wants to re-test with r300g, since I only tested them on nvidia.
    Tried it out with r300g, it's working fine!

Leave a comment:

• rohcQaH
    replied
    FYI, I submitted the patches here:

just in case anyone wants to re-test with r300g, since I only tested them on nvidia.

Leave a comment:

• marek
    replied
    An incorrect test which is supposed to fail but doesn't crash a GPU or Mesa means that Mesa/GPU passes and handles the incorrectness correctly. :P

Concerning the licensing issues, you can't copy a GPL code and commit it in Mesa.

Leave a comment:

• tball
    replied
    Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    I'm not a lawyer but I'd suspect loaning ideas from there is a just fine without any license concerns but loaning code not. Then again, whether or not these two things are equal is the bit where you decide on whether you want to take a guess which has its risks or hire an engineer with legal experience to sort the problem out for you.
    Well lets just say that I am using some of their bit parsing. I thought it would be easier just using their code, instead of me having to re-invent the wheel. It is basically only code such as:

bitstream_parameter = bitstream[0] << shift

etc.

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    I'm not a lawyer but I'd suspect loaning ideas from there is a just fine without any license concerns but loaning code not. Then again, whether or not these two things are equal is the bit where you decide on whether you want to take a guess which has its risks or hire an engineer with legal experience to sort the problem out for you.

Leave a comment:

• tball
    replied
    I might open a new thread, but I came to think of the following:
    In my vdpau backend, I am using some bits from the mplayer implementation to my bitstream parser. Well i know mplayer is GPL'ed and my code will be too, but do I have to copy any kind of license from the GPL'ed source file from mplayer into my code?

Leave a comment:

• Mickabouille
    replied
    Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    Assuming the correct behaviour is to fail the test, sure.
    Hm, let's say "pass the test by failing"

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by marek View Post
    On the other hand, having a test which uses the API in somewhat incorrect way is not bad either.
    Assuming the correct behaviour is to fail the test, sure.

Leave a comment:

• marek
    replied
    On the other hand, having a test which uses the API in somewhat incorrect way is not bad either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X