No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 10.7 For Linux Has Eyefinity Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me KDE4.5rc3 seems to be mostly glitch free now. Quake Live is playable again. I just wish I could play Team Fortress 2 without it freezing the whole system in 5 minutes (other source games works fine though a bit slowly) http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=14394 <--- seems to affect catalyst users mostly. With free drivers it doesn't freeze but there're many known glitches so r600g with proper ogl2.1 support puhleeeeze come soon and save us all

Comment

Originally posted by Forbidden View Post
      Has anyone tried compiz with multiple screens yet? Does this mean I can use four monitors as a single desktop with all the fun transparency effects and whatnot?
      Yes. It's working here with three screens. If you call this working

When I was faced with this:

I was starting to get worried but then managed to finally get to this:

For some reason window resizing has become extremely slow though.

And there's still no v-sync. Have more playing to do though.

Comment

The black window bug still exists too.

Though in all fairness it's much better than with 10.6

Eyefinity is enough in itself to keep me happy for the moment as it was a bit part of the reason for me buying this card. I'm grateful at this stage for what they've done but then I've only just gotten around to installing the driver. There's plenty of time for me to get hit with bugs.

Roll on 10.8.........

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          The Windows driver does not have OpenGL ES 2.0 support yet but there is a beta driver avaible for that platform that supports it. Chances are it will come to Windows and Linux at the same time.

Also this driver supports Linux 2.6.34/2.6.35 and Xserver 1.8 (haven't tried 1.9).
          The Windows Catalyst driver supports Linux kernel and Xservers? Surely not?

As for the Linux Catalyst driver supporting kernel 2.6.34/2.6.35 and Xserver 1.8, there is no mention of this in the release notes. This is not surprising given that kernel 2.6.35 has not been released yet. Have you tested this? If so, could you let us know how you got it working? Many people would probably appreciate that information.

Comment

Another issue.

So I have a full screen browser on each screen, then start Blender and hey presto, graphics glitches. Then when moving around the 3D view port it semi hangs the whole X session. I enough keyboard input to CTRL-ALT-F1 though.

At least I could "sudo restart gdm" from a text console to get to a functioning desktop again.

Looks like this is going to be an interesting release.

Comment

Originally posted by madbiologist View Post
              This is not surprising given that kernel 2.6.35 has not been released yet. Have you tested this? If so, could you let us know how you got it working? Many people would probably appreciate that information.
              Nice sarcasm ;P.
              Anyhow 10.7 is working fine with current 2.6.35-rc6 (btw patched 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 also works fine with any 2.6.35 RC), and if we can believe Linus words that there will be no main changes in RCs - then we can be sure that catalyst will work with final 2.6.35.

Comment

Originally posted by madbiologist View Post
                The Windows Catalyst driver supports Linux kernel and Xservers? Surely not?
                No, but there's a lot of shared code across OSes, including nearly all of the OpenGL stack.
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  10-7 is the biggest crap ever produced this year as for Linux+Win it breaks Unigine Heaven 2.1 with tesselation and opengl. It even crashes hard. They fix DXVA2 for vlc 1.1.1 and introduce the biggest error possible.
                  Do you think you could hack the Catalyst 10-7 video decode libs into Catalyst 10-6?

Comment

There is no huge diff between em. I could not see any xvba fixes there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      There is no huge diff between em. I could not see any xvba fixes there.
                      Ah, okay. I was just wondering if there was a way to extract whatever lib introduces the VLC 1.1.1 compatibility and keep Cat 10-6 as the base.

Comment

Working...
                      X