AMD Catalyst 10.7 For Linux Has Eyefinity Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dopehouse View Post
    C'mon guys. Is it really that hard to fix that damn OGL4 bug, that refuses HoN to start? I installed the 10.7 release and the bug is still there. It was reported month ago in the unofficial ati bugzilla.

Please fix this annoying bug!!!
    damn, thought they would've fixed it...tnx for the info, phoronix could you update the article with that info? else there will be lot's of posts about wether or not it works.

Comment

This driver release is just another mess. Nothing fixed, but alot new bugs.

OpenGL crashes after a while, 2D artifacts ...

Comment

I wonder when they'll start updating their RSS again. It's been saying that 10.5 is the latest release since that version was announced.

Comment

*blinks*

Huh? Could somebody explain exactly what is in the OpenGL 2.0 ES specification that is not in the full OpenGL 2.x, 3.x, and 4.x specifications? Last I remember OpenGL 2.0 ES was a "cut" version of OpenGL shortlisting commands useful for fast-pass / first-pass rendering.

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
            This driver release is just another mess. Nothing fixed, but alot new bugs.

OpenGL crashes after a while, 2D artifacts ...
            pretty much. But with 5000 series hardware the choice is limited at best. Ohhhh the agony.

Comment

WTF?
              they reimplemented the fullscreen opengl bug, they removed in 10.6.

Comment

They fixed the black firefox problem \o/.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                  They fixed the black firefox problem \o/.
                  nope, still there.
                  kde+fglrx+firefox=2D artifacts

sucks.

Comment

Yes, I am sorry.
                    I was too stupid to turn forceXAA off.
                    I did rm -r /etc/ati but I did it before I have quit X to upgrade catalyst. So it was still there.

Comment

I don't know what is this "black firefox" thing. I don't see any of that. Are you sure this is not a KDE/Kwin problem? AFAIK the KDE way of doing desktop compositing has been problematic with many drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      X