AMD Catalyst 10.7 For Linux Has Eyefinity Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
    This driver release is just another mess. Nothing fixed, but alot new bugs.

OpenGL crashes after a while, 2D artifacts ...
    Looks like it depends on gfx that you are using.
    Ive got no problems with OpenGL, no regressions.

Also there are some fixes like:
    - textures in quake3_engine_based games when using lightmapping looks good again;
    - counter-strike is working.

Although the artifacts problem with (rly fast) ATi 2D accel should be fixed cuz its touching many many people.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
      I don't know what is this "black firefox" thing. I don't see any of that. Are you sure this is not a KDE/Kwin problem? AFAIK the KDE way of doing desktop compositing has been problematic with many drivers.
      Then you are lucker .
      Artifacts do NOT actually depend on DM. If you are experiencing them on ie. KDE - you will experience them after switching to ie. Gnome, although there could be less or more of them after switching.

Comment

10-7 is the biggest crap ever produced this year as for Linux+Win it breaks Unigine Heaven 2.1 with tesselation and opengl. It even crashes hard. They fix DXVA2 for vlc 1.1.1 and introduce the biggest error possible.

Comment

@bridgman

Wouldn't you say the quality control for 10-7 completely failed when not even Unigine Heaven 2.1 OpenGL was tested?

Comment

No, it's not 10-7 is the biggest crap, it every new fglrx out there will be an even bigger piece of crap. So we can start a crap size content here just like in south park. Here it comes: the biggest crap ever recorded: fglrx 10-7! We have a winner! winner! winner!....

Each new fglrx release makes me a happier nvidia user.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              @bridgman

Wouldn't you say the quality control [...]
              The what? Dude, just because AMD employees use that word doesn't mean we have to buy their story. We all know it's BS. Such thing as "quality control/assurance" obviously never existed for Catalyst, at least for Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                I don't know what is this "black firefox" thing. I don't see any of that. Are you sure this is not a KDE/Kwin problem? AFAIK the KDE way of doing desktop compositing has been problematic with many drivers.
                When loading pages parts of firefox or the whole content area go black or gray. When moving the window it often goes away.
                It happens with at least kde and xfce (I'm using xfce). It happens with or without compositing (kwin, xfce compositor). It happens even with no window manager running at all. It happens with xorg 1.7 and xorg 1.8.

I have a radeon hd 4670.

Comment

Has anyone tried compiz with multiple screens yet? Does this mean I can use four monitors as a single desktop with all the fun transparency effects and whatnot?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    The what? Dude, just because AMD employees use that word doesn't mean we have to buy their story. We all know it's BS. Such thing as "quality control/assurance" obviously never existed for Catalyst, at least for Linux.
                    There is no automated testing under Linux, only on Windows. Linux builds are manually tested for bugs fixed or new features.

Comment

Please, AMD, reconsider to do a decent driver, this driver is a totally crap, I have never suffer a "segment fault", I only want a FAST, UNBUGGY, and with v-Sync working driver, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Working...
                      X