• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mugginz
    replied
    The black window bug still exists too.

Though in all fairness it's much better than with 10.6

Eyefinity is enough in itself to keep me happy for the moment as it was a bit part of the reason for me buying this card. I'm grateful at this stage for what they've done but then I've only just gotten around to installing the driver. There's plenty of time for me to get hit with bugs.

Roll on 10.8.........

Leave a comment:

• mugginz
    replied
    Originally posted by Forbidden View Post
    Has anyone tried compiz with multiple screens yet? Does this mean I can use four monitors as a single desktop with all the fun transparency effects and whatnot?
    Yes. It's working here with three screens. If you call this working

When I was faced with this:

I was starting to get worried but then managed to finally get to this:

For some reason window resizing has become extremely slow though.

And there's still no v-sync. Have more playing to do though.

Leave a comment:

• blindfrog
    replied
    For me KDE4.5rc3 seems to be mostly glitch free now. Quake Live is playable again. I just wish I could play Team Fortress 2 without it freezing the whole system in 5 minutes (other source games works fine though a bit slowly) http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=14394 <--- seems to affect catalyst users mostly. With free drivers it doesn't freeze but there're many known glitches so r600g with proper ogl2.1 support puhleeeeze come soon and save us all

Leave a comment:

• salva84
    replied
    Please, AMD, reconsider to do a decent driver, this driver is a totally crap, I have never suffer a "segment fault", I only want a FAST, UNBUGGY, and with v-Sync working driver, nothing more, nothing less.

Leave a comment:

• gbeauche
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    The what? Dude, just because AMD employees use that word doesn't mean we have to buy their story. We all know it's BS. Such thing as "quality control/assurance" obviously never existed for Catalyst, at least for Linux.
    There is no automated testing under Linux, only on Windows. Linux builds are manually tested for bugs fixed or new features.

Leave a comment:

• Forbidden
    replied
    Has anyone tried compiz with multiple screens yet? Does this mean I can use four monitors as a single desktop with all the fun transparency effects and whatnot?

Leave a comment:

• ChrisXY
    replied
    Originally posted by monraaf View Post
    I don't know what is this "black firefox" thing. I don't see any of that. Are you sure this is not a KDE/Kwin problem? AFAIK the KDE way of doing desktop compositing has been problematic with many drivers.
    When loading pages parts of firefox or the whole content area go black or gray. When moving the window it often goes away.
    It happens with at least kde and xfce (I'm using xfce). It happens with or without compositing (kwin, xfce compositor). It happens even with no window manager running at all. It happens with xorg 1.7 and xorg 1.8.

I have a radeon hd 4670.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    @bridgman

Wouldn't you say the quality control [...]
    The what? Dude, just because AMD employees use that word doesn't mean we have to buy their story. We all know it's BS. Such thing as "quality control/assurance" obviously never existed for Catalyst, at least for Linux.

Leave a comment:

• FunkyRider
    replied
    No, it's not 10-7 is the biggest crap, it every new fglrx out there will be an even bigger piece of crap. So we can start a crap size content here just like in south park. Here it comes: the biggest crap ever recorded: fglrx 10-7! We have a winner! winner! winner!....

Each new fglrx release makes me a happier nvidia user.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    @bridgman

Wouldn't you say the quality control for 10-7 completely failed when not even Unigine Heaven 2.1 OpenGL was tested?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X