Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need the libtxc_dtnx library

Originally posted by Nille View Post
    In my last WoW test all render correct but there is somewhere an sw fallback an an bug in the driver ( if you enter OG the game crash ) and i dont have installed this libary
    Use driconf to tell Mesa to advertise the S3TC extensions without it. WoW won't crash so long as the extensions are there, but you'll get a black screen until S3TC textures are at least partially supported.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      I don't think it's worth doing at this point though - AFAIK the hardware efficiency of the shader compiler is about #73 on the list of performance bottlenecks
      Where may said list be read?

I think it would be a good thing for would-be devs to see where to optimize.

Comment

Let's just hope that all these compilers do not have many bugs I can imagine with so many compilers there's a lot of potential for introducing bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          Where may said list be read?

I think it would be a good thing for would-be devs to see where to optimize.
          I haven't seen an actual list, although I suspect most of the devs would point to the same general area of the stack if asked (state management/command submission, synchronization/flushing, memory management).

Mostly the nasty areas that are hard to make reliable and easy to break.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            Most of the drivers use two compiler stages - one common, and one hardware-specific...
            Thanks bridgman and marek for clarifying.

I'm amused at the extra translations back and forth between Mesa/TGSI but I suppose this is allows maximum code re-use/sharing between classic and gallium3d until the new stack is more fully in place and can be re-factored/cleaned up.

Comment

Working...
            X