Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Gallium3D + Wine Is Bettered A Bit

Phoronix: ATI Gallium3D + Wine Is Bettered A Bit

If the impressive rate of Gallium3D improvements was not enough, there's more good news for those of you running ATI Radeon R300-R500 graphics cards (up through the Radeon X1000 series) with the open-source Gallium3D driver: the Wine graphics support just got a tiny bit better. Committed to the Mesa repository this afternoon is support for the GL_ARB_depth_clamp OpenGL extension within the Mesa state tracker and as of right now it's hooked-up for use by the R300g driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

marek also fixed an FBO related problem, which caused problems with Wine:

Right now, the biggest issue with running games in Wine with r300g is bug 29137. If it can be fixed, r300g seems to be at about the same level of support in Wine as i965.

The progress of r300g is pretty astonishing!

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      very nice :-) last day i dist-upgrade to kubuntu 10.10 and use the opensource driver mesa 7.8.2 all works fine for me :-)

but yes only openGL2.0 wine really needs openGL2.1....
      You should be having 2.1 if you're using the Gallium driver. Unless it has different levels of support depending on the GPU?

Comment

Come on, we don't need an article for each single OGL extension implemented. There are how many? 5 hundreds? Do we need 5 hundred articles to report the progress?

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
          You should be having 2.1 if you're using the Gallium driver. Unless it has different levels of support depending on the GPU?
          i have an HD4670 GPU (r700), and its only 2.0 with the latest (7.9) drivers

Comment

But you're not using the Gallium driver then, it only supports r300-r500.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
              Come on, we don't need an article for each single OGL extension implemented. There are how many? 5 hundreds? Do we need 5 hundred articles to report the progress?
              Why not? Personally speaking, I think these are some of the most interesting Phoronix articles. It's good to learn about progress on OpenGL support.

Comment

Originally posted by AnorexiasGrizzli View Post
                i have an HD4670 GPU (r700), and its only 2.0 with the latest (7.9) drivers
                On the Gallium Driver you get 2.1

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
                  Right now, the biggest issue with running games in Wine with r300g is bug 29137.
                  And this is an WINE bug not an Driver bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                    On the Gallium Driver you get 2.1
                    He has an R700, there isn't a working Gallium driver for those yet.
                    The classic Mesa driver only supports OpenGL 2.0 for all R600 and R700 cards.

Comment

Working...
                    X