X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by Kjella View Post
    You wouldn't happen to have those steps? I tried looking but didn't find a good writeup.
    Try putting -m32 to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS in the Makefile.

Leave a comment:

• Kjella
    replied
    Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    Take heed that there's some additional work if you're on a 64bit machine and want to install that as a 32bit library.
    You wouldn't happen to have those steps? I tried looking but didn't find a good writeup.

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    Take heed that there's some additional work if you're on a 64bit machine and want to install that as a 32bit library.

Leave a comment:

• NSLW
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    is there a howto to activate the s3tc support ???
    It isn't complicated:
    1) unpack libtxc_dxtn070518 archive from http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~cbrill/libtxc_dxtn/
    2) type "make" in terminal
    3) if building is successful type "make install"
    4) reboot

Leave a comment:

• NSLW
    replied
    If you talk about S3TC then there is small piece of code to compile which adds support for texture compression.

Leave a comment:

• NSLW
    replied
    Thanks for reliable answer. I hope you developers will enable it again soon.

Leave a comment:

• marek
    replied
    Originally posted by NSLW View Post
    I've got R500 and Fedora 14 installed (Gallium 0.4, Mesa 7.9). When I type glxinfo in terminal, there isn't any GL_ARB_depth_clamp listed.

Here http://www.mesa3d.org/relnotes-7.9.html It is mentioned that

GL_ARB_depth_clamp and GL_NV_depth_clamp extensions (in nv50 and r600 Gallium drivers)

So there is nothing about r300.

Does anybody have GL_ARB_depth_clamp available on his R500 hardware?
    We had to disable it because it caused issues.

Leave a comment:

• NSLW
    replied
    I've got R500 and Fedora 14 installed (Gallium 0.4, Mesa 7.9). When I type glxinfo in terminal, there isn't any GL_ARB_depth_clamp listed.

Here http://www.mesa3d.org/relnotes-7.9.html It is mentioned that

GL_ARB_depth_clamp and GL_NV_depth_clamp extensions (in nv50 and r600 Gallium drivers)

So there is nothing about r300.

Does anybody have GL_ARB_depth_clamp available on his R500 hardware?

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    IMO it's Wine's fault; since when is it good behavior of an app to depend on a particular compiler optimization?
    you should compare amount and type of bugs reported with wine+nvidia blob to bugs reported on wine+mesa. and compare wine compatibility when running different graphics hardware.

it's not a surprise that wine works better with nvidia driver or catalyst. the driver issue is very important here.

Leave a comment:

• Ex-Cyber
    replied
    Originally posted by brent View Post
    Actually I think stabilizing the current level of support (OpenGL 2.1) and improving performance is more important than full support for OpenGL 4.0 on paper.
    I don't see how that's even an actual choice. Gallium3D moves us toward a lot more than "OpenGL 4.0 on paper". Stability should improve with better factoring of GPU driver vs. memory management vs. API code. Performance should improve as these components are optimized. We probably could have had better performance today if everyone was still hacking at classic Mesa drivers, but then we'd probably have been stuck there for another 5 years, watching GPUs and games/apps advance while we sit around comparing Doom 3 framerates.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X