• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic ATI Gallium3D + Wine Is Bettered A Bit

ATI Gallium3D + Wine Is Bettered A Bit

Phoronix: ATI Gallium3D + Wine Is Bettered A Bit

If the impressive rate of Gallium3D improvements was not enough, there's more good news for those of you running ATI Radeon R300-R500 graphics cards (up through the Radeon X1000 series) with the open-source Gallium3D driver: the Wine graphics support just got a tiny bit better. Committed to the Mesa repository this afternoon is support for the GL_ARB_depth_clamp OpenGL extension within the Mesa state tracker and as of right now it's hooked-up for use by the R300g driver...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODQzMw

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by Kjella View Post
    You wouldn't happen to have those steps? I tried looking but didn't find a good writeup.
    Try putting -m32 to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS in the Makefile.

Leave a comment:

• Qaridarium
    replied
    Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    Take heed that there's some additional work if you're on a 64bit machine and want to install that as a 32bit library.
    is there any howto ?

Leave a comment:

• Kjella
    replied
    Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    Take heed that there's some additional work if you're on a 64bit machine and want to install that as a 32bit library.
    You wouldn't happen to have those steps? I tried looking but didn't find a good writeup.

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Qaridarium
    replied
    Originally posted by NSLW View Post
    It isn't complicated:
    1) unpack libtxc_dxtn070518 archive from http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~cbrill/libtxc_dxtn/
    2) type "make" in terminal
    3) if building is successful type "make install"
    4) reboot
    i git clone this git:// url to my dir and jump into it and do "make" and then "sudo make install" and the reboot...

but on wine/arma2 the same error

if i check the opengl extansions there are an "GL_s3_s3tc"

ok thank you very much for your help i search some other games for check this texture compression feature.

Leave a comment:

• NSLW
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
    is there a howto to activate the s3tc support ???
    It isn't complicated:
    1) unpack libtxc_dxtn070518 archive from http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~cbrill/libtxc_dxtn/
    2) type "make" in terminal
    3) if building is successful type "make install"
    4) reboot

Leave a comment:

• Qaridarium
    replied
    Originally posted by NSLW View Post
    If you talk about S3TC then there is small piece of code to compile which adds support for texture compression.
    mmh i think its s3tc but arma2 for exampel shows the error "dxt1...dxt5 support missing"

but yes i think s3tc is the openGL name.

is there a howto to activate the s3tc support ???

yes with the catalyst s3tc works... radeon needs some extra love there..

i hope in the future they will find a way arround this patend stuff and then vanilla OS drivers will work

Leave a comment:

• NSLW
    replied
    If you talk about S3TC then there is small piece of code to compile which adds support for texture compression.

Leave a comment:

• Qaridarium
    replied
    my b?ggest problem for wine+radeon is the texture compression support oblivion starts and runs but the enemys do not have a skin ,

and arma2 does not start because of checking texture compression feature.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X