Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The final Catalyst 10.7 is stable now *Trumps Up*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #81
    Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
    Haha... Mister Anderson, what good a phone call is, if you are unable to speak?

    Be it a $30 or $3000 ATI card, it cannot even run 3D on linux that's the 101 problem they have to solve. Comparing that with a low end nvidia card, nvidia still wins
    Can't run 3D on Linux?!?! I play Nexuiz, Sauerbraten, Urban Terror, X-Plane, Unigine Heaven 2.1 (with extreme tesselation) and OpenArena all the time on my Radeon HD 5750 with no problems.

    Comment


    • #82
      Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      It violates Gnome "standards"? Oh goodie. Too bad some people aren't using that crap and went for KDE instead, huh?

      http://i30.tinypic.com/5knl9i.png
      I can understand, if you like the Windows UI then you'll probably like the KDE UI. But then again you might as well stick with the real thing and just use Microsoft Windows. Personally, I like the less is more approach of GNOME a lot. It gives me a uniform and non-distracting UI, and none of this KDE/Windows 1000 options and menu items bullshit.

      Comment


      • #83
        Originally posted by monraaf View Post
        I can understand, if you like the Windows UI then you'll probably like the KDE UI. But then again you might as well stick with the real thing and just use Microsoft Windows. Personally, I like the less is more approach of GNOME a lot. It gives me a uniform and non-distracting UI, and none of this KDE/Windows 1000 options and menu items bullshit.
        hey i don't like the windows Gui but i like the KDE Gui do that mean i'm ill?
        Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

        Comment


        • #84
          Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
          http://pastebin.org/420812

          my /var/log/Xorg.0.log shows me that direct2D is active but the lag is still there?? ?
          o lol some other users do have this bug to.. thats funny only REAL BETA drivers work well ;-)

          if you want a working driver join the beta program they have 10-7 without lag bug and 10-6+workaround for blackbox bug and lag-bug and blackbox-bug free 10-8 versions of the catalyst...

          join the party now bugfree drivers @the beta programm...

          what a 'ironic' part they have bug-free(blackbox/lagbug) drivers but not for the normal people..

          AMD's beta programm FAIL!
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

          Comment


          • #85
            Originally posted by monraaf View Post
            I can understand, if you like the Windows UI then you'll probably like the KDE UI. But then again you might as well stick with the real thing and just use Microsoft Windows. Personally, I like the less is more approach of GNOME a lot. It gives me a uniform and non-distracting UI, and none of this KDE/Windows 1000 options and menu items bullshit.
            Lol, good job digging out 10-year old "arguments".

            KDE looks nothing like Windows. It also isn't based on Windows technology like .Net

            Then again, KDE wasn't founded by a Microsoft employee either.

            Comment


            • #86
              Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
              Be it a $30 or $3000 ATI card, it cannot even run 3D on linux that's the 101 problem they have to solve. Comparing that with a low end nvidia card, nvidia still wins
              There's the astroturfer again.

              The only problem is that the $30 and the $3000 ATi cards can both run 3D on Linux.

              And you can also do this without violating the GPL, in other words, completely legally.

              Try THAT with your Nvidia card :P

              Comment


              • #87
                Some interesting reading: http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Kernel/pro...l-modules.html

                Comment


                • #88
                  Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                  There's the astroturfer again.

                  The only problem is that the $30 and the $3000 ATi cards can both run 3D on Linux.

                  And you can also do this without violating the GPL, in other words, completely legally.

                  Try THAT with your Nvidia card :P
                  If only there were Facebook style likes on this forum, I would like this post. You also forgot that they can run 3D on Linux AND outperform Nvidia at every pricepoint.

                  Comment


                  • #89
                    Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                    Lol, good job digging out 10-year old "arguments".

                    KDE looks nothing like Windows. It also isn't based on Windows technology like .Net

                    Then again, KDE wasn't founded by a Microsoft employee either.
                    It is kind of funny how much closer GNOME is to Microsoft. .Net bindings, multiple .Net applications in the GNOME core... Hmm, who sounds closer to Microsoft now? BTW, either one of them can perfectly mimic just about any version of Windows when set up right.

                    Also, this might be a bit off topic, but I am switching to KDE when they roll out gnome-shell. Just saying, I like my GNOME the way it is and it is BS that they want to change it. If I wanted an interface like that, there are already several netbook interfaces that would work just as well. For the people developing GNOME, the desktop as it is has worked for years. In other words, IF IT ISN'T BROKEN DON'T FIX IT.

                    Comment


                    • #90
                      I don't hate GNOME, and I can't hold all the GNOME programmers for Miguel's escapades. Many of them are just regular hackers who want to write good programs, just like the rest of the community. They have produced (and supported) some important technologies that have improved the Linux and GNU ecosystems.

                      But this trolling is too much. GNOME's only purpose was to kill KDE. This has obviously failed miserably, so it's time to talk about actual software, actual technology and actual performance. KDE is currently more free than GNOME, it is currently more advanced, and GNOME is full of KDE technology, starting with dbus and webkit.

                      I would like arguments other than "KDE is evil" and "KDE is Windows", because I could take such arguments seriously.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X