No announcement yet.

The final Catalyst 10.7 is stable now *Trumps Up*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not just the settings but also the menus. It's just an overly complicated app with too many options that doesn't fit in the GNOME desktop. Mind you if it wasn't for the GNOME HIG the GNOME desktop probably wouldn't have the consistent and easy to use interface it has today. Which is something what people like about GNOME and what made it popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
      working video acceleration on hd5000 chips.
      No, This is not true yet... i Just installed the driver and all that happens is the driver does not load and some applications will automatically default back to the old api.

Comment

As far as I remember the VLC project recently said it only still had one last Windows developers and need more help for the Windows port.

Also Kubuntu 10.10 looks into shipping VLC by default and KDE 4.5 distributions mostly migrate to phonon-vlc.

Comment

and the blackwindows bug is fixed :-)

my kubuntu 10.10 works perfect :-)
          blackwindows bug is fixed by that way: amd just turn of 'direct2D'

i have the maximize lag like 10-5 :-( 2 seconds to wait for maximize a window..

boohhhh...
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

and the blackwindows bug is fixed :-)

my kubuntu 10.10 works perfect :-)
            2 bugs fixed, 3 created and Q managed to jizz his pants repeatedly at the mere thought of the driver release. Some kind of world we live in today fellas.

Comment

blackwindows bug is fixed by that way: amd just turn of 'direct2D'

i have the maximize lag like 10-5 :-( 2 seconds to wait for maximize a window..

boohhhh...
              http://pastebin.org/420812

my /var/log/Xorg.0.log shows me that direct2D is active but the lag is still there?? ?

Comment

http://pastebin.org/420812

my /var/log/Xorg.0.log shows me that direct2D is active but the lag is still there?? ?
                maybe the 'opengl performance regression'

Comment

forget about it, he doesn't even have a HD5000 card. all those 'experiences' are out of his ass

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                    forget about it, he doesn't even have a HD5000 card. all those 'experiences' are out of his ass
                    do i need a hd5000 card to use the catalyst ? LOL

Comment

Of course you do, otherwise why not use your so loved Open Source Radeon driver?

You need flgrx for HD5000 for now because OSS driver cannot even provide most basic operations like 2D blit and such. All HD5000 users have to suffer horrible quality fglrx driver and hope 3-5 years down the road, that OSS driver will pick up proper acceleration.

On the other hand, if you have HD 3000 or HD 4000, you can escape the torture and use OSS driver, unless you happened to love torturing yourself...

Comment

Working...
                      X