Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnet View Post
    what does that mean?
    that means the same as "I have 2.359 billion dollars in my account and you should belive me cuz you can't check that" :-)

Comment

I think that the translation is like this:

The AMD graphics driver release cycle involves having TWO driver versions in various stages of development at any one time. You have the "next up", and you have the "next next up"... so the "next up" is the 10.7 driver, and the "next next up" is to become the 10.8 driver and is currently in closed beta.

What this means TO YOU is that the black-window bug fix is to come with 10.8. Assuming that the information is accurate, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
        I think that the translation is like this:

The AMD graphics driver release cycle involves having TWO driver versions in various stages of development at any one time. You have the "next up", and you have the "next next up"... so the "next up" is the 10.7 driver, and the "next next up" is to become the 10.8 driver and is currently in closed beta.

What this means TO YOU is that the black-window bug fix is to come with 10.8. Assuming that the information is accurate, of course.
        yes for the normal people its 10.8

but the 10.7 was planet with the bugfix for the black-windows bug

but the VLC release chance the release strategic now they want release it faster means with the black windows bug.
        Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

It won't be released today:

http://twitter.com/CatalystMaker
          "RT @DJ_Casper07: @CatalystMaker you will release Catalyst 10.7 today? As VLC media player v1.1.1 released today Me - no not today."

Comment

10.7 seems to be out on Monday.

http://www.legitreviews.com/news/8599/

Comment

Does anyone happen to know if the advertised GPU aided playback in VLC is going to be supported on all platforms from the beginning?

Comment

Originally posted by fa5hion View Post
                Does anyone happen to know if the advertised GPU aided playback in VLC is going to be supported on all platforms from the beginning?
                I'm not sure if they meant gpu accel under windows, or both windows and linux. I can only find references to fixing problems with radeon series hardware decoding under windows, so it's not likely to be available for linux beyond what's already available.

Comment

Now I thought that VLC could *already* use Xvba via vaapi....?

Comment

Originally posted by mirv View Post
                    I'm not sure if they meant gpu accel under windows, or both windows and linux. I can only find references to fixing problems with radeon series hardware decoding under windows, so it's not likely to be available for linux beyond what's already available.
                    means linux+windows...

also kernel 2.6.35 is supported by the 10-7 catalyst-

i just skip 10-5/10-6 and distupgrade to 10.10 on Monday we will see how good 10-7 works on ubuntu 10-10
                    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

LOL are you drunk, Q?

Comment

Working...
                      X