Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    ATI needs 1 month to provide a driver update that VLC 1.1.1 will be able to use. The question is: is VLC 1.1.1 delayed because of ATI 10-7 or vice versa? I would like to test it, but no hotfix driver is out - so even on win they are absolutely clueless. Btw. you could certainly test nightly builds of VLC when you would have got the driver...

http://nightly.videolan.org/build/win32/?C=M;O=D

branch is usually next 1.1.x, trunk is 1.2. i only use trunk on linux however.

Leave a comment:

• The_Monkey_King
    replied
    Just be patient or buy another card," Gwenol? added
    [p]Or, pay for an OS.

Once again, this is not MS fanboy speaking but someone who is not pleased at all with the progress of ATI drivers in Linux. Please do not expect me to shell out $200 for ATI card that only uses 50% of the capabilities. Useless, absolutely useless.

I still think AMD is getting paid by MS to reduce or drag their feet in the Linux environment. Linux had a great chance to take a dominant role in the personal OS space when Vista came out. But with W7, there are too many checks for than against using that OS.

Leave a comment:

• gbeauche
    replied
    xvba-video 0.7.2

Hi,

A new version of xvba-video, the XvBA backend to VA-API, is now available at:
    http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbe...ne/xvba-video/

Version 0.7.2 - 13.Jul.2010
    * Require fglrx >= 8.73.2 (Catalyst 10.5)
    * Fix vaInitialize() return status if an error occurred
    * Fix regression when rendering subpictures in VA/GLX mode
    * Set VADisplayAttribDirectSurface to 1 in VA/GLX mode too

The third change fixes a regression in mplayer and OSD rendering in GLX mode (-vo vaapi:gl). The last change is a workaround to a driver bug/regression/undocumented change. In practise, this fixes some tearing with mplayer -vo vaapi:gl, for me.

Leave a comment:

• gbeauche
    replied
    Originally posted by DanL View Post
    Which log are you referring to? Like I said, I only have one version of ffmpeg on my system and its the SVN version I built myself. When I ran ffmpeg's configure, it listed all the vaapi hwaccels as enabled (and I had libva-dev installed). I also built the mplayer-vaapi from your site and that works well, so I really don't know what else to look at.
    Your configure log. i.e. config.log or the generated Makefile to know which FFmpeg is used. But now that you use a single FFmpeg, you can double check with ldd vaapidecode.so where the actual FFmpeg libraries are.

Leave a comment:

• highlandsun
    replied
    Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Of course people 'need' this functionality because without it Linux isn't viable <_<'
    That's closer to the truth than "without 3D graphics support Linux isn't viable". More people watch videos with their computers than play 3D games. The number of gamers is totally insignificant in comparison. And it's certainly more true than "without desktop eyecandy Linux isn't viable" - nobody *needs* compiz or whatever. But a lot of people buy PCs with "HD" graphics cards thinking they'll be able to watch movies easily, and the lack of any acceleration support on Linux makes it *impossible* in some cases.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
    You will have to check your config log and see what FFmpeg is used.
    Which log are you referring to? Like I said, I only have one version of ffmpeg on my system and its the SVN version I built myself. When I ran ffmpeg's configure, it listed all the vaapi hwaccels as enabled (and I had libva-dev installed). I also built the mplayer-vaapi from your site and that works well, so I really don't know what else to look at.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    @gbeauche

That might be true but it is just less usefull currently.

Leave a comment:

• gbeauche
    replied
    Originally posted by DanL View Post
    Since mplayer and the hwdecode demos work, I may just need to build gstreamer-ffmpeg myself. I'll report back when I do that (tomorrow). Thanks.
    Note that gstreamer-ffmpeg is not used by gstreamer-vaapi. You definitely have a build problem. You will have to check your config log and see what FFmpeg is used.

Leave a comment:

• gbeauche
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    vlc git now shows something. the problem is that when gl output is used it is a bit too slow when gl is set to vsync via amdcccle. that results in curruption when live tv is watched. xv/default is accellerated but has tearing. but some never notice tearing - i definitely see it with my 4550...
    Those problems in VLC are *not* related at all to VA-API. Check with them.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
    OK, it seems your copy of FFmpeg is not built with VA-API support. You probably built it locally but the system (non VA-API enabled)
    I removed the system's ffpmeg/libav* packages before beginning. I even removed and rebuilt x264 and ffmpeg tonight to be sure.
    Code:
    $ ffmpeg
    FFmpeg version SVN-r24208, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
      built on Jul 11 2010 22:30:10 with gcc 4.4.3
      configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab --enable-shared --enable-pic
      libavutil     50.22. 0 / 50.22. 0
      libavcodec    52.83. 0 / 52.83. 0
      libavformat   52.73. 0 / 52.73. 0
      libavdevice   52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
      libavfilter    1.22. 0 /  1.22. 0
      libswscale     0.11. 0 /  0.11. 0
      libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
    Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder

$ ffmpeg_h264 --hwaccel vaapi
    Display type 'x11'
    Hardware accelerator 'vaapi'
    [hwdecode_demos] VA display 0x24d09e0
    libva: libva version 0.31.1-sds1
    Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
    libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
    libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
    [hwdecode_demos] VA API version 0.31
    [hwdecode_demos] 6 display attributes available
    [hwdecode_demos]   VADisplayAttribDirectSurface     (get/---) min 0 max 0 value 0x0
    [hwdecode_demos]   VADisplayAttribBackgroundColor   (get/set) min 0 max 16777215 value 0xffffff
    [hwdecode_demos]   VADisplayAttribBrightness        (get/set) min -100 max 100 value 0x0
    [hwdecode_demos]   VADisplayAttribContrast          (get/set) min -100 max 100 value 0x0
    [hwdecode_demos]   VADisplayAttribHue               (get/set) min -100 max 100 value 0x0
    [hwdecode_demos]   VADisplayAttribSaturation        (get/set) min -100 max 100 value 0x0
    Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '':
      Metadata:
        major_brand     : isom
        minor_version   : 512
        compatible_brands: isomiso2avc1mp41
        encoder         : Lavf52.32.0
      Duration: 00:00:00.08, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
        Stream #0.0(und): Video: h264, yuv420p, 320x240 [PAR 1:1 DAR 4:3], 1159 kb/s, 12 fps, 12 tbr, 12 tbn, 24 tbc
    [hwdecode_demos] Decoded surface size: 320x240
    [hwdecode_demos] 4 profiles available
    [hwdecode_demos]   VAProfileMPEG2Simple
    [hwdecode_demos]   VAProfileMPEG2Main
    [hwdecode_demos]   VAProfileH264High
    [hwdecode_demos]   VAProfileVC1Advanced
    [hwdecode_demos] 1 entrypoints available for VAProfileH264High
    [hwdecode_demos]   VAEntrypointVLD
    press any key to exit
    Since mplayer and the hwdecode demos work, I may just need to build gstreamer-ffmpeg myself. I'll report back when I do that (tomorrow). Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X