No announcement yet.

ati catalyst 10.6 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does eyefinity work yet? I really want to get an eyefinity 6 card to run my 4 monitors so I don't have to deal with xinerama anymore.

Also once eyefinity does work will stuff like compiz work? I would really like it if the composite extensions and stuff like that would work with eyefinity.

Mostly I am tired of my current nvidia cards and dealing with xinerama.

Comment

Originally posted by emergence View Post
      Double-checked just now, both are at 60hz.
      I just changed the "TargetRefresh" in my xorg.conf for my second monitor to 59 from 60. Had to reboot the machine (BTW, is there an easier way?). The line that causes the tearing now moved to the top (makes it a bit more bearable) when in full screen.

Anyone knows if TargetReferesh is able to take decimal values?

I don't know what's going on, but both of these monitors are exactly the same model and they both work fine in Windows, no tearing.

This issue still occurs with compiz turned off. So it's not related to compositing.

Comment

Hmm, can't get the driver to work on my Compaq 615 Notebook with Mobility Radeon HD3000 chipset. 10-5 works fine, but when I install the deb packages build with "--buildpkg Ubuntu/lucid" and restart, GDM starts in failsafe mode and the driver won't work. Exactly the same packages works on my desktop PC with a Radeon 5770. I also rebuild the packages on the Notebook, but with no changes. Downgraded to 10-5 for the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by dopehouse View Post
          Hmm, can't get the driver to work on my Compaq 615 Notebook with Mobility Radeon HD3000 chipset. 10-5 works fine, but when I install the deb packages build with "--buildpkg Ubuntu/lucid" and restart, GDM starts in failsafe mode and the driver won't work. Exactly the same packages works on my desktop PC with a Radeon 5770. I also rebuild the packages on the Notebook, but with no changes. Downgraded to 10-5 for the moment.
          Interesting. Mines a Lenovo T400 with HD3400. I initially installed via the --buildpkg method and it worked except that for some weird reason googleearth kept crashing on launch. The problem went away when I just
          did a sudo sh ./ati-driver-installer-10-6-x86.x86_64.run - it might be worth trying that on your Notebook.

Comment

screen corrupted!

Args I have just uploaded 10-6 to Debian and now I have got many problems with my:
            OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
            OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
            OpenGL version string: 3.3.9901 Compatibility Profile Context

Especially on minimizing and maximizing firefox and thunderbird here on kde4 (without compositing) the app gets corrupted :O everywhere black draws etc....

How can I disable the new 2d stack and activate the old one?

Comment

The drivers don't even work for me (ATI4670). 1st attempt via DE, second attempt via cli... both failed.

:~$ glxinfo
              name of display: :0.0
              X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
              Major opcode of failed request: 136 (GLX)
              Minor opcode of failed request: 19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
              Serial number of failed request: 20
              Current serial number in output stream: 20

Comment

Please NEVER try to install it without --buildpkg option, otherwise your system is broken. My script partly fixes it, at least with installed fglrx it works then:

wget -N http://kanotix.com/files/install-fglrx-debian.sh
                DISPLAY= sudo sh install-fglrx-debian.sh -z
                sudo reboot

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Please NEVER try to install it without --buildpkg option, otherwise your system is broken. My script partly fixes it, at least with installed fglrx it works then:

wget -N http://kanotix.com/files/install-fglrx-debian.sh
                  DISPLAY= sudo sh install-fglrx-debian.sh -z
                  sudo reboot
                  I was able to successfully install it without buildpkg. I am experiencing some tearing... can you explain what's the benefit of using buildpkg?

Comment

screen corruption

Originally posted by the-me View Post
                    Args I have just uploaded 10-6 to Debian and now I have got many problems with my:
                    OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
                    OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
                    OpenGL version string: 3.3.9901 Compatibility Profile Context

Especially on minimizing and maximizing firefox and thunderbird here on kde4 (without compositing) the app gets corrupted :O everywhere black draws etc....

How can I disable the new 2d stack and activate the old one?
                    I have the same issue
                    on debian sid.

Comment

Seems like there is a general problem with my Radeon HD 3200 in my notebook, cause the Windows Catalyst driver won't work too. Downgrading to 10.5 now.

Comment

Working...
                      X