Huge fps drop in HoN with 10.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge fps drop in HoN with 10.5

I have a HD4870 card and with 10.5 (that I installed through gentoo portage) I get a huge regression with HoN fps wise. With 10.4 I'm never below 125fps in the menus. But with 10.5 i get 30 fps in the login screen! In game is even worse as I get 20fps in the legion well and the game "laggs" like I have network connection problems. With 10.4 I get ~100fps and the game is smooth.

Does anyone else get this?

Try to disable Catalyst AI

Comment

I have the same card and distro as you, with Catalyst AI enabled (standard or advanced) i get 25FPS, when i disable it and restart X i'm back to ~125FPS

Comment

That doesn't solve the problem for me unfortunately
        I even rebooted multiple times with Catalyst AI on/off standard/advanced and it didn't make it any better.
        What kernel are you on? I'm on "2.6.32-gentoo-r7 #3 SMP PREEMPT" and x86_64 multilib.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedDB View Post
          I even rebooted multiple times with Catalyst AI on/off standard/advanced and it didn't make it any better.
          What kernel are you on? I'm on "2.6.32-gentoo-r7 #3 SMP PREEMPT" and x86_64 multilib.
          well ages ago when wine apps still worked"ish" sometimes putting all the values in the 3d section of the driver fixed the issue.

aka i mean activate the item select the lower value and then check let application decide, sometimes it seems the driver choose to use that value anyway forced so if that is the case, that should help

on the other hand you can always do like most ppl do, have several installer around so you can downgrade whrn needed to play or upgrade to do something else

Comment

Originally posted by ZedDB View Post

2.6.32 vanilla-sources using 32-bit tho

Comment

Could also add that I'm using xorg 1.8

Comment

10.5's new OpenGL stack actually breaks HoN entirely with Evergreen cards, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's related issues that merely slow it down for 4 series cards. The breakage issue has been reported http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1824 here, might be worth reporting the slowdown too.

Comment

Originally posted by Exopaladin View Post
                  10.5's new OpenGL stack actually breaks HoN entirely with Evergreen cards, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's related issues that merely slow it down for 4 series cards. The breakage issue has been reported http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1824 here, might be worth reporting the slowdown too.
                  I've upgraded to xorg 1.8 and no dice. So I think I'll file a bug report. I hope that they will fix it in 10.6 :P

Comment

Are you running HoN in fullscreen or window mode? I have noticed reduced performance if i have fullscreen.

Comment

Working...
                    X