No announcement yet.

Radeon "R600g" Gallium3D Driver Merged To Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW here glxinfo atm works, glxgears graciously fails giving pretty damn much output in terminal. (I'm from the school which assumes a lot of output, even errors or failures, is a good thing. )
    Btw, what happened to all the demos? I can't seem to find barely any in my mesa/progs/ dir.

Comment

Found them, never mind...

Comment

(just recalled that redbook demos might be more satisfying to test with than glxgears)

Comment

I apologize for the myriad of messages. I wanted to edit, thank Michael for setting editing delay too short.
          Right. So r600g (after re-enabling rendering; yeah, I like living dangerous) does not work with redbook hello.
          ps. glisse: Thanks for GPU reset. XD Makes testing less hazardous.

Comment

(if redbook hello was expected to work, poke me and I'll retest and file a bug; it was RV670)

Comment

Yeah 1-minute delay pretty much means 0-minute delay for me. No need to file bugs at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                Yeah 1-minute delay pretty much means 0-minute delay for me. No need to file bugs at this stage.
                Great. It's just that it's afaik one of the simplest demos (if not the simplest demo) that exist in Mesa's demo repo and if it doesn't render, running more advanced demos (like eg glxgears) is probably overkill for a long time still. Just wanted to check.

Comment

Me stupid, should've remembered trivial demos are more trivial.
                  Yeah, I guess the status simply is doesn't work at all with r6xx, some trivial tests (according to glisse's blog) might work with r7xx unless broken since.

Comment

At the moment the driver doesn't draw anything on any card. There'll be an announcement once some trivial stuff works.

Comment

I assumed by "So here it's tri-flat being render using a shiny compiler infrastructure." [http://jglisse.livejournal.com/] that it could do some trivial demos with r7xx. My mistake then.

Comment

Working...
                      X